The Google Analytics by Yoast plugin for WordPress allows you to track your blog easily and always stays up to date with the newest features in Google Analytics.
Upgrade to GA by Yoast Premium
If you need support or want to use custom dimensions, upgrade to Google Analytics by Yoast Premium today!
Full list of features:
- Simple installation through integration with Google Analytics API: authenticate, select the site you want to track and you're done.
- This plugin uses the universal or the asynchronous Google Analytics tracking code, the fastest and most reliable tracking code Google Analytics offers.
- Gives you incredibly nice visitor metric dashboards right in your WordPress install.
- Option to enable demographics and interest reports.
- Outbound link & downloads tracking.
- Configurable options to track outbound links either as pageviews or as events.
- Option to track just downloads as pageviews or events in Google Analytics.
- Option to track internal links with a particular format as outbound links, very useful for affiliate links that start with /out/, for instance.
- Possibility to ignore any user level and up, so all editors and higher for instance.
- Option to anonymize IP's for use in countries with stricter privacy regulations.
- Tracking of your search result pages and 404 pages.
- Full debug mode, including Firebug lite and ga_debug.js for debugging Google Analytics issues.
Development on GitHub
The development of Google Analytics by Yoast takes place on GitHub. Bugs and pull requests are welcomed there. For support, you have two options: either buy the premium version of Google Analytics by Yoast on Yoast.com, this will give you access to our support team, or refer to the forums.
Other interesting stuff:
- Check out the other WordPress Plugins by the same team.
- Want to increase traffic to your WordPress blog? Check out the WordPress SEO Guide!
- Check out the authors WordPress Hosting experience. Good hosting is hard to come by, but it doesn't have to be expensive, Joost tells you why!