GetResponse Optin Cat WordPress Plugin
This plugin is the easiest way to add highly converting GetResponse email optin forms to your WP blog.
GetResponse Forms by Optin Cat is a fast, powerful and convenient tool that makes it easy for anyone to create beautiful GetResponse forms for their blogs. In minutes you can create your forms and start increasing your conversions!
This plugin is fully compatible with WordPress 5.0’s new content editor (“Gutenberg”). Simply create your GetResponse form, then add your GetResponse block to your website.
GetResponse Forms by Optin Cat – Types of Optins
GetResponse Forms by Optin Cat supports a number of different forms, giving you full flexibility when it comes to the way you integrate your signup option.
- GetResponse Post Boxes. These are forms you can insert into any page or post on your blog.
- GetResponse Sidebar Widgets.
- GetResponse Lightbox Popups. This is the most effective way to expand your GetResponse list because users can’t miss it.
GetResponse Forms by Optin Cat – Features and Options
GetResponse Forms by Optin Cat also features a ton of options to let you perfectly tailor the forms for your site.
- Responsive layouts ensure your GetResponse optin forms look great on any display.
- Shortcodes or Gutenberg blocks can be used to conveniently add post boxes anywhere on your site.
- An intuitive interface makes it fast and simple to edit your GetResponse forms.
- Unlimited options for customization – choose your fonts, sizes, colors and more.
- Built to convert. GetResponse Forms has been built by expert marketers and is finely tuned to increase your conversions.
- Powerful analytics feature for improving your GetResponse forms.
To run GetResponse Forms by Optin Cat, you will need an account with GetResponse, as well as a self-hosted website running on WordPress.
GetResponse Forms by Optin Cat Premium
Optin Cat Premium helps you grow your GetResponse list. Here’s how:
Mobile GetResponse popups.
Lots of extra layout & design options.
Smart popup targeting.
Mobile Campaign Monitor popups.
Two Step Optins: Trigger a popup after the user clicks on a hyperlink.
Optin Bait Delivery: Send optin baits straight from WordPress.
Exit Intervention: Display popups when the user is about to leave your site.
Attention grabbing Popup Effects.
Priority email support.
This plugin stores personal data (eg. names & emails collected using this plugin) in the WordPress database.
This plugin integrates with the WordPress GDPR privacy controls for data export & data deletion added in WordPress 4.9.6.
This plugin uses a browser cookie to track successful optins.
This plugin can be configured to connect to 3rd party service providers such as GetResponse.
If you use this plugin to connect to a 3rd party, personal data may also be shared with that party.
This plugin provides 2 blocks.
- Optin Cat Form
- Optin Cat Two-Step Optin
- Upload the plugin to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- In your sidebar, select ‘Optin Cat -> Add New’ to create a new table
How to disable impression & conversion tracking?
define( 'FCA_EOI_DISABLE_STATS_TRACKING', TRUE);to your theme’s functions.php file.
Contributors & Developers
“GetResponse Forms by Optin Cat” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “GetResponse Forms by Optin Cat” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
GetResponse Forms by Optin Cat 2.5.4
- Fixed error message in Publication metabox
- Fixed some other issues in Optin Cat Premium
- Tested up to WordPress 5.8
GetResponse Forms by Optin Cat 2.5.3
- Updated feedback form
- Tested up to WordPress 5.6.2
GetResponse Forms by Optin Cat 2.5.2
- Updated display name
- Tested up to WordPress 5.6
GetResponse Forms by Optin Cat 2.5.1
- Tested up to WordPress 5.5.0
GetResponse Forms by Optin Cat 2.5.0
- Add color pickers for “Thank you” message
- Add color picker for bottom half of forms for relevant layouts
- Add Gutenberg block for two-step optins (Premium only)
- Allow form navigation with Tab key
- Allow ActiveCampaign existing users to be updated
- Allow optin forms to work without email provider (store locally) (Premium only)
- Replace 3rd party Codemirror for builtin one
- Replace TinyMCE for simple text editor
- Fix preview form live updates
- Fix missing color picker labels
- Fix alignment issue with TwentyTwenty theme
- Fix optin bar display issue in IE
- Tested up to WordPress 5.4.2
GetResponse Forms by Optin Cat 2.4.1
- Fix/optimize table creation
- Tested up to WordPress 5.2.2
GetResponse Forms by Optin Cat 2.4.0
- Remove unused onboarding code
- Tested up to WordPress 5.1.0
GetResponse Forms by Optin Cat 2.3.0
- Add WordPress 5.0 block (Gutenberg) support
- Update GetResponse API to version 3
GetResponse Forms by Optin Cat 2.2.2
- Fix potential error on activation
- Tested up to WordPress 4.9.8
GetResponse Forms by Optin Cat 2.2.1
- Fix name field not being sent if GDPR checkbox enabled
- Fix GDPR checkbox not showing if description field is disabled
- Fix GetResponse already subscribed email returning an error
GetResponse Forms by Optin Cat 2.2.0
- Added Subscribers table
- Added GDPR compliance checkbox
- Integrated with WordPress’ GDPR data export and erasure features
GetResponse Forms by Optin Cat 2.1.0
- Added 2 new layout options
- Added descriptive names for each layout
- Improved HTML formatting & bullets
- Improved editor screenshots and styling
- Improved default color palette for color pickers
- Improved error messages
- Changed menu position from 105 to 106 to fix conflict
- Updated featherlight library to 1.7.9
- Misc bug fixes
GetResponse Forms by Optin Cat 2.0.5
- Update software licensing library
GetResponse Forms by Optin Cat 2.0.4
- Add uninstall survey
- Tested up to WordPress 4.8
GetResponse Forms by Optin Cat 2.0.2
GetResponse Forms by Optin Cat 2.0.0
- Added Success Cookie feature – stop showing optins to users that have already opted in
- Rewrote targetting feature for improved compatibility
- Fixed name and email field responsive scaling
- Minified all CSS and JS files to improve performance
GetResponse Forms by Optin Cat 1.8.1
- Fix popup rule backward compatibility issue where some settings would not save (Device & Go Live toggle)
- Fix some text inputs having escape slashes around quotation marks
- Changed delete rule button to always show
- Changed add rule button to hide when all rules have been added
- Removed ‘Never’ as a display frequency option – replaced with Go Live toggle
GetResponse Forms by Optin Cat 1.8.0
- Added AJAX thank you message
- Added setting to target popups based on device (desktop and/or mobile)
- Added button hover color picker
- Added width picker for Form, Button, Name, and Email fields
- Added placeholder colors based on font colors for email and name
- Improved visual editor behavior and design
- Improved UI of popup targetting rule builder
- Changed subscribing animation to simple text
- Changed various texts in UI
- Fix rare case of ‘one a month’ and ‘only once’ display cookie date possibly being invalid
GetResponse Forms by Optin Cat 1.7.2
- Fix “Class ‘K’ not found” error some users reported on activation
GetResponse Forms by Optin Cat 1.7.1
- Fix Power Up settings potentially getting reset on activation
GetResponse Forms by Optin Cat 1.7.0
- Merged Power Ups and Licensing page in to one with improved UI
- UI updates
- Up to 15% improved performance
GetResponse Forms by Optin Cat 1.6.3
- Update Tooltipster library to latest version for better compatibility
- Change API inputs to activate on any input (e.g. paste)
- Fix editor not working on Safari
- Fix metaboxes potentially being hidden by WordPress
GetResponse Forms by Optin Cat 1.6.2
- Fix the wrong list/campaign being displayed after save
GetResponse Forms by Optin Cat 1.6.1
- Fix button hover color being white on new forms
- Fix potential PHP issue ‘Can’t use function return value’
GetResponse Forms by Optin Cat 1.6.0
- Performance improvements of up to 50%
- UI Updates
- Fix inconsistent loading of previous settings (API keys/mailing lists) when creating a new form
- Revert sending ‘unnamed user’ as user name if empty
GetResponse Forms by Optin Cat 1.5.8
- Add auto-focus on popup
- Change ‘Name’ placeholders to ‘First Name’
- Fix custom css box sometimes hidden for personal plan
- Fix a FireFox popup display issue
GetResponse Forms by Optin Cat 1.5.7
- Fix an issue with some icons being removed/hidden
- Fix for potential encoding type being changed by theme
GetResponse Forms by Optin Cat 1.5.6
- Fix an issue with saving forms a small number users reported
GetResponse Forms by Optin Cat 1.5.5
- Each form can now be connected to a unique account (API key)
- Performance improvements: All CSS is pre-compiled, Removed several deprecated .css files
- Fixed a form saving issue that affected some PHP/WordPress installations
- Fixed PHP warnings related to remove_meta_box()
GetResponse Forms by Optin Cat 1.5.4
- Performance improvements: optin forms (particularily widgets) now load much faster
GetResponse Forms by Optin Cat 1.5.2
- Added spinning animation after form submission
- Changed ajax error message (inside of button) into something more humanly readable
- Numerous bug fixes
GetResponse Forms by Optin Cat 1.5.1
- Fixed a JS bug introduced with 1.5.0
GetResponse Forms by Optin Cat 1.5.0
- Improved performance of Optin Cat form editor in the WP backend (it now loads faster)
- Impression tracking can now be disabled
- Small UI improvements to Optin Cat form editor
- Numerous bug fixes
GetResponse Forms by Optin Cat 1.4.1
- Bugfix: Fixed a conflict with the Beaver Builder plugin
- Various other small bugfixes & improvements
GetResponse Forms by Optin Cat 1.4.0
- Changed: Updated layout selection screen to be responsive and look more like WordPress theme select screen.
- Fixed: Hide Optin Cat shortcode insert button and dashboard widget from users with privileges below editor (subscriber and author).
- Fixed: Logged in users no longer count towards impressions on forms.
GetResponse Forms by Optin Cat 1.3.9
- Fixed: A bug in our GetResponse popup targeting engine caused the “display once per month” criteria to not work as expected in some cases, which kinda defeated the purpose of our fancy targeting engine.
- Fixed: GetResponse Forms by Optin Cat caused a site’s W3 HTML validation to fail due to the placement of the style tag. This wasn’t a big problem (all browsers always rendered Optin Cat properly), but not ideal.
- Fixed: There were some issues with the GetResponse API that prevented leads being added to the mailing list in certain form configurations.
GetResponse Forms by Optin Cat 1.3.8
- Fixed an issue related to bots causing fake conversion data.
GetResponse Forms by Optin Cat 1.3.7
- Tiny fix: Ignore shortcode if the global $post is empty
GetResponse Forms by Optin Cat 1.3.6
- Fixed a bug in the Popup targeting engine introduced in GetResponse Forms by Optin Cat 1.3.5.
GetResponse Forms by Optin Cat 1.3.5
- Improved GetResponse Popup targeting engine: changed how a session is counted (a session now expires after 30 minutes of inactivity).
GetResponse Forms by Optin Cat 1.3.4
- Improved GetResponse Popup targeting engine for better performance.
- Improved GetResponse Post Box targeting: only one box can be displayed at the bottom of the post at any given time going forward. The most exactly targeted post box will be given priority (eg. Individual Post > Category > All Posts)
GetResponse Forms by Optin Cat 1.3.3
- Performance improvements
- Minor Bugfixes
GetResponse Forms by Optin Cat 1.3.2
- Fixed a bug that caused display issues on some sites after unchecking the “New CSS” powerup
GetResponse Forms by Optin Cat 1.3.1
- Fixed a bug that caused some conversions to be tracked more than once
GetResponse Forms by Optin Cat 1.3
- Initial Release