This plugin translates the Genesis Framework into one of the available languages. No need to fuss about with your
functions.php file or uploading
.po files. Just install this plugin et voilá! If you’re curious about the status of your translations you can check out the translations here: http://translate.studiopress.com/ and if you’d like the improve your language you will need to register here first.
Check https://translate.studiopress.com to see which languages are currrently supported and how far along the translations are.
So you don’t see your language up here and you would like to see it added? Please contact me and we’ll get you sorted.
This plugin only works on the Genesis Framework.
You can find me here:
Installation of this plugin works like any other plugin out there. Either:
- Upload the zip file to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
Or search for “Genesis Translations” via your plugins menu.
- How can I see my language added to this plugin?
Please contact us and we’ll get you sorted.
- Can I make a suggestion
You most certainly can. Please contact us and we’ll get you sorted.
- Where can I find the list of languages being worked on?
Visit the StudioPress GlotPress installation to see the complete list of languages being worked on.
- I have your plugin activated but I don’t see an options page
That’s because there isn’t any. If you have one of the provided languages properly configured in your
wp-config.phpfile, then upon activation you should see all matters Genesis automagically translated.
- When I’ve activated your plugin there are still some words in English on my site
Most likely you either have words hardcoded in your child theme’s
functions.phpfile or you’re working with outdated (or incomplete) WordPress translation.
- I’d like to help out with the translations
Fantastic! Go ahead and register here and we’ll get you sorted.
I needed to translate a theme that uses Genesis for a client, it was super easy to participate in the translation and the admin reacts quickly !
Very simple tool for translating all English strings of the Genesis Framework.
Latest version of the Genesis Framework plus latest version of WP. No fancy configurations. Everything set up in German. Plugin does not work. Tells me the language is not supported.
Contributors & Developers
“Genesis Translations” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
“Genesis Translations” has been translated into these 9 locales: French, German, Finnish, Chinese (China), Spanish, Italian, Swedish, Dutch, English (UK). Thank you to the translators for their contributions.
Interested in development?
- Translation updates
- Bumping a version number, bad, bad semver, I know, to match Genesis release version.
- Updated all the languages.
- Updated various languages
- Added Amharic (am), Czech (cs_CZ), Slovenian (sl_SI) and Ukranian (uk).
- Adding system for testing translate.wordpress.org
- Updated hu_HU and sv_SE
- Updated fr_FR, nl_NL and bg_BG
- Adding fa_IR
- Updated fr_FR, zh_CN, hu_HU, nl_NL and da_DK
- Updated bg_BG, da_DK, hr, hu_HU, it_IT, nl_NL and ro_RO
- Updated Dutch translation
- Proper fix for deprecated version check with get_theme_data
- Fixed notice for $theme_info on L104
- Large update to (finally) reflect the changes made in Genesis 2.0. Lots of improved translations across the board. Too many to mention specifically.
- Updates to various languages + added Welsh (cy)
- Updated a few things in readme
- Added Arabic (ar), Afrikaans (af) & Croatian (hr)
- Updated es_MX, da_DK, sv_SE, pt_PR, hu_HU,
- Updated Hungarian language files. Again.
- Updated Danish, Dutch, German, Hebrew, French and added Mexican Spanish
- Updated various languages
- Accidentally deleted helper function. Sorry about that folks.
- Updated the translations to reflect the changes made to in the genesis.pot file related to the Genesis 1.9 update
- Updated German (de_DE), Finnish (fi) and Dutch (nl_NL)
Added Norwegian ( nb_NO ) and huge update to Portuguese Brazilian. Small updates to French, Danish and Russian
Few minor updates Bulgarian, Romanian, Chinese and Portuguese Brazilian, but mostly added Russian (ru_RU) and Icelandic (is_IS).
Basically all of the languages saw small updates. Swedish and Danish got a big overhaul in grammar and such. Hungarian, Portuguese and Chinese is added as well as Icelandic for the front-end only.
SVN somehow did not pick up the languages files. Second try.
Updated a bunch of translations from http://translate.studiopress.com/
Added Hungarian, Turkish and Portuguese.
- Added the Vietnamese translation and re-added the Greek version to make the file was accurate.
- Updated a bunch to translations to match the translation strings of Genesis 1.8: nl_NL, de_DE, fr_FR, da_DK, fi, ro_RO, id_ID, es_ES, el_GR and sv_SE.
- Added the Danish translation that was ready for about 87%.
- Re-added the Portuguese translation files as they had gotten lost somehow. Apologies to all who got affected.
- Updated the Finnish version.
Added Greek el_GR to the translations. Note, not all strings have been properly translated to Greek yet, but most of the important stuff has.
Fixing a typo. It happens.
- Stable release. Updated some code here and there. Added the Portuguese Brazilian, Hebrew, Japanese and Romanian languages.
- First release. Just testing things out.