This tool will attempt to irreversably change the actual post dates of all entries in the post type you choose (supports posts, pages, and custom post types).
The dates will be changed using (in order of priority):
- ‘exifize_date’ custom meta (date or ‘skip’)**
- EXIF date of Featured Image
- EXIF date of the first attached image
- Do nothing. Be nothing.
**You can override the function with a custom meta field named: ‘exifize_date’ which accepts dates: ‘YYYY-MM-DD hh:mm:ss’ (for example: ‘2012-06-23 14:07:00’) or ‘skip’ to prevent the EXIFizer from making any changes.
- Can this plugin do X,Y, or Z?
Probably not. It is simple, straightforward, and ugly. If there is a feature you think would be absolutely killer, let me know, and I’ll what I can do.
- Can you add feature X,Y, or Z?
Possibly – though I do this in my spare time.
- I’m getting unexpected results, what should I do?
Post on the WordPress.org forums would be your best bet – so others can benefit from the discussion.
- Added security features to keep others from meddl’n with your affairs
- After a year of safe use on many blogs, I declare this plugin stable! (Or if anyone has had issues, they sure haven’t talked to me about it)
- Tested to WP 3.7.1
- Note – some needed housecleaning might deactivate this plugin upon update. Since it doesn’t do anything automatic… Should be no worries. Just re-activate and go on your merry way.