Plugin that allow you to insert Etsy Shop sections in pages or posts using the bracket/shortcode method. This enable Etsy users to share their products through their blog!
- Upload the plugin to the
- Give read & write access to tmp folder;
- Activate the plugin through the
Pluginsmenu in WordPress;
- Get your own Etsy Developer API key: Etsy Developers;
- Enter your API key in the Etsy Shop Options page;
[etsy-shop shop_name="*your-etsy-shop-name*" section_id="*your-etsy-shop-setion-id*"]in your page or post;
- Viewers will be able to click on your your items.
- How may I find the shop section id?
Here is an example:
So, in this example:
sushipot is etsy-shop-name
11502395 is etsy-shop-section-id
- I got Etsy Shop: empty arguments
See below ‘Etsy Shop: missing arguments’.
- I got Etsy Shop: missing arguments
2 arguments are mandatory:
So, you should have someting like this:
[etsy-shop shop_name="Laplume" section_id="10088437"]
* show_available_tag [0 or 1]
- I got Etsy Shop: Your section ID is invalid
Please use a valid section ID, to find your section ID, see How to find section ID
- I got Etsy Shop: API reponse should be HTTP 200
Please open a new topic in Forum, with all details.
- I got Etsy Shop: Error on API Request
Please make sure that your API Key is valid.
- How to integrate directly in template?
<?php echo do_shortcode( '[etsy-shop shop_name="*your-etsy-shop-name*" section_id="*your-etsy-shop-setion-id*"]' ); ?>
Etsy Shop Plugin works well. I’d have given it a 5 Star rating if it were responsive to mobile screen sizes. Good Job!
Just the thing I needed to integrate my Etsy shop into my site. It may not be perfect (I too, would like the option of different layouts or larger image sizes) but it does what I need it to do! Many thanks to the developer – you did a great job in your spare time!
After trying many other Etsy listing plugins, this one has been the easiest to set up as well as adapt to my needs. I couldn’t stop grinning that first time I viewed my new shop page with all the tidy etsy listings. Thank you for your hard work in creating this plugin. Also, looking forward to the next version update with discussed goodies. With much Appreciation, -RS
didn’t expect that integrating Etsy into a website would be this easy.
Thanks for a great plugin!
This is exactly what I needed. I have very minimal web design knowledge and was able to set it up!
Contributors & Developers
“Etsy Shop” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Cache life now as option
- Update logic added
- Jump to version 1.0, follow the Semantic Versioning
- Add version for css file
- Compatible with WP 4.5
- Automatically detect GBP currency
- Compatible with WP 4.3
- Correction for show_available_tag
- Mistake, default columns is 3, not 4
- You can add columns=”5″, to your short code. Replace number 5 by the number you want
- Option to select number of columns to show
- Option to select a single listing ID
- Option to height & width of thumbnail
- Option to choose thumbnail size
- CSS Update
- Portion of code from Steague, thanks!
- Add Option to choose translation language for the content
- Automatically choose Dollard Sign or Euro sign
- Italian Translation (thanks to Pierantonio Bonato)
- Compatible with WP 4.2.1
- Correct old shortcode method to avoid PHP Warning
- Option to show or not the Available Status Tag for each item
- Permit reset of the cache in the admin page (sponsor Michael Kellar)
- Add the option to change time out value for requests to etsy servers
- Time out value by default is 10 seconds instead of 5
- Compatible with WP 3.9.2
- Now use WP Shortcode API
- Allow maximum of 100 items per section instead of 25 items
- HTTPS for all Etsy requests, now mandatory for new Etsy Apps.
- Add detection for bad section ID.
- Centering items by default (sponsor Jsay Designs).
- Add opening in a new window link feature (sponsor Jsay Designs).
- Add filter for Shop ID and Section ID.
- Better filter for API Key.
- Corrections on Debug Mode.
- Automatically Remove spaces in API Key.
- Debug Mode more verbose.
- Debug Mode available.
- Options page compatible with PHP 5.2.X.
- Optimization of API request.
- Add error message if empty arguments.
- Now using WordPress HTTP API, cURL is no more require.
- Update the Options Page.
- Code follow WordPress Coding Standards.
- Update installation steps.
- Translation of listing status.
- Correct listing table generation.
- First release.