For an Introduction & Demo to Energy Saver, visit the plugin's page
Energy Saver is a lightweight plugin for your website or blog that spares energy by dimming the brightness of the page when it's not in focus.
Energy Saver is 101% free. We made this plugin with the hope that we can lower the amount of energy used around the web, thanks to the help of webmasters, bloggers and site owners. If you use it, it will save electricity for all your visitors, but it will also increase the response time and availability of your WordPress (that's the extra 1%).
- Admin panel with multiple settings
- Show / hide the plugin
- Show / hide the splash screen
- Set cookie duration (to determine recent visits and display message accordingly)
- Customize the message displayed when energy saving mode is active
- Select transitions speed
- Customize the amount of energy saved by adjusting the overlay opacity
- Customize the buttons and links colors
- Optimize your site's speed through customization of the .htaccess file
- Choose between various methods to optimize file compression
- Modify these settings, while we make a safety copy of your original .htaccess file
- Requires that jQuery is installed and running on your WP theme