What is Easy Columns?
Easy Columns provides the shortcodes to create a grid system or magazine style columns for laying out your pages or posts on demand.
Using the shortcodes, you can get any combination of 1/4, 1/2, 1/3, 2/3, 3/4, 1/5, 2/5, 3/5 and 4/5 columns. You can insert at least thirty unique variations of columns on any page or post.
Easy to Use
Quickly add columns to your pages from the editor with an easy to use “pick n’ click” interface. BEst of all, Easy Columns works with ANY theme!
To create content with 3 columns, you would use the shortcodes like this:
[ezcol_1third]this is column 1[/ezcol_1third]
[ezcol_1third]this is column 2[/ezcol_1third]
[ezcol_1third_end]this is column 3[/ezcol_1third_end]
The result are 3 columns about 33% in width of their container.
- Is This Plugin Supported?
Yes. Just send an email, and I’d be happy to help
- How can I customize the columns?
You can edit the wp-ez-columns.css file to customize the layouts. Be sure to back up the CSS before testing!
- Can I put anything in the columns?
Yes, as long as the content isn’t larger than the column, otherwise the CSS will break and cause line breaks.
- What good are columns?
Columns can be used in CMS layouts, as feature boxes, in magazine layouts and squeeze page layouts – it’s only limited by your imagination.
- Can You Create a Pro Version With Multiple Column Styles?
Maybe! If you want that feature, send me an email. I get enough emails and I’ll do it!
Just great - easy to use! Thanks
I'm using the Theme "Adventurous" - Version 1.9.3
Made my life considerably easier. Simple to use, even if you have to play around a bit to find the appropriate column ratios.
- Fixed error with WP 3.9 tinyMCE shortcode insertion
- Deleting the plugin no longer throws an error
- Changed the tinyMCE window to load wp-load.php instead of wp-config.php
- Added jQuery to tinyMCE window
- Added class input to column selection – applies a CSS class name to all the columns you insert
- Added better styling to the options page
- Fixed the custom CSS not rendering issue – Easy Columns options will now render.
- Added a Custom CSS option to the options page – style columns with custom classes or use the base classes!
- Changed ezcol-divider class to be height: 0 margin: 0
- Should have any uninstall hook erros fixed
- Added parent class to keep content max-wisth at 100% to prevent overflow
- fixed fractional display of text in columns (removed CSS3 text enhancements)
- Added full integration for responsive design at 768 and 480 pixel widths – now 100% responsive!
- More code optimization and tweaking
- Upgraded visual editor window to WP 3.6 compliance
- Updated styles in the visual editor
- Streamlined/optimized code
- Updated CSS to auto-hyphenate long words to they conform to columns widths
- Migrated shortcodes from ‘wpcol_’ to ‘ezcol_’ (no worries, it’s backwards compatible)
- Upgraded visual editor window to WP 3.2 compliance
- Completely reworked visual editor interface
- Added additional “pick n click” column combinations
- Added 4/5 column support
- Added custom CSS logic for the 1/5-4/5 columns
- Updated and simplified the visual editor
- Additional shortcodes added. Please upgrade!
- Added Support for 1/5, 2/5 and 3/5 columns.
- Updated the shortcodes to clean up the WordPress "Auto P" functions that cause gaps, etc.
- New code