What is Easy Columns?
Easy Columns provides the shortcodes to create a grid system or magazine style columns for laying out your pages or posts on demand.
Using the shortcodes, you can get any combination of 1/4, 1/2, 1/3, 2/3, 3/4, 1/5, 2/5, 3/5 and 4/5 columns. You can insert at least thirty unique variations of columns on any page or post.
Easy to Use
Quickly add columns to your pages from the editor with an easy to use “pick n’ click” interface. BEst of all, Easy Columns works with ANY theme!
To create content with 3 columns, you would use the shortcodes like this:
[ezcol_1third]this is column 1[/ezcol_1third]
[ezcol_1third]this is column 2[/ezcol_1third]
[ezcol_1third_end]this is column 3[/ezcol_1third_end]
The result are 3 columns about 33% in width of their container.
wp-ez-columnsdirectory to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- You can customize your columns in the settings menu under Settings > Easy Columns
- Use any of the following shortcodes in your posts or pages:
[ezcol_1quarter id=”” class=”” style=””][/ezcol_1quarter]
[ezcol_1quarter_end id=”” class=”” style=””][/ezcol_1quarter_end]
[ezcol_1half id=”” class=”” style=””][/ezcol_1half]
[ezcol_1half_end id=”” class=”” style=””][/ezcol_1half_end]
[ezcol_3quarter id=”” class=”” style=””][/ezcol_3quarter]
[ezcol_3quarter_end id=”” class=”” style=””][/ezcol_3quarter_end]
[ezcol_1third id=”” class=”” style=””][/ezcol_1third]
[ezcol_1third_end id=”” class=”” style=””][/ezcol_1third_end]
[ezcol_2third id=”” class=”” style=””][/ezcol_2third]
[ezcol_2third_end id=”” class=”” style=””][/ezcol_2third_end]
[ezcol_1fifth id=”” class=”” style=””][/ezcol_1fifth]
[ezcol_1fifth_end id=”” class=”” style=””][/ezcol_1fifth_end]
[ezcol_2fifth id=”” class=”” style=””][/ezcol_2fifth]
[ezcol_2fifth_end id=”” class=”” style=””][/ezcol_2fifth_end]
[ezcol_3fifth id=”” class=”” style=””][/ezcol_3fifth]
[ezcol_3fifth_end id=”” class=”” style=””][/ezcol_3fifth_end]
[ezcol_4fifth id=”” class=”” style=””][/ezcol_4fifth]
[ezcol_4fifth_end id=”” class=”” style=””][/ezcol_4fifth_end]
[ezdiv id=”” class=”” style=””][/ezdiv]
(easily create DIVs in your content without editing HTML)
[ezcol_divider] (clears all floats and creates a 2px high, 100% width div)
[ezcol_end_left] (clears left float)
[ezcol_end_right] (clears right float)
[ezcol_end_both] (clears both)
Be sure to insert the “_end” column shortcode for your last column!
- Is This Plugin Supported?
Yes. Just send an email, and I’d be happy to help
- How can I customize the columns?
You can edit the wp-ez-columns.css file to customize the layouts. Be sure to back up the CSS before testing!
- Can I put anything in the columns?
Yes, as long as the content isn’t larger than the column, otherwise the CSS will break and cause line breaks.
- What good are columns?
Columns can be used in CMS layouts, as feature boxes, in magazine layouts and squeeze page layouts – it’s only limited by your imagination.
- Can You Create a Pro Version With Multiple Column Styles?
Maybe! If you want that feature, send me an email. I get enough emails and I’ll do it!
Just great – easy to use! Thanks
I’m using the Theme “Adventurous” – Version 1.9.3
Made my life considerably easier. Simple to use, even if you have to play around a bit to find the appropriate column ratios.
Very easy to use and responsive
This plugin works great and makes our lives easier! A must have!
you can do every layout you want, simply clicking the images and selecting the columun you want to create. Nested columns too!!!
Never had a problem with it, one of the must have plugins!
Contributors & Developers
“WP Easy Columns” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.
- Fixed error with WP 3.9 tinyMCE shortcode insertion
- Deleting the plugin no longer throws an error
- Changed the tinyMCE window to load wp-load.php instead of wp-config.php
- Added jQuery to tinyMCE window
- Added class input to column selection – applies a CSS class name to all the columns you insert
- Added better styling to the options page
- Fixed the custom CSS not rendering issue – Easy Columns options will now render.
- Added a Custom CSS option to the options page – style columns with custom classes or use the base classes!
- Changed ezcol-divider class to be height: 0 margin: 0
- Should have any uninstall hook erros fixed
- Added parent class to keep content max-wisth at 100% to prevent overflow
- fixed fractional display of text in columns (removed CSS3 text enhancements)
- Added full integration for responsive design at 768 and 480 pixel widths – now 100% responsive!
- More code optimization and tweaking
- Upgraded visual editor window to WP 3.6 compliance
- Updated styles in the visual editor
- Streamlined/optimized code
- Updated CSS to auto-hyphenate long words to they conform to columns widths
- Migrated shortcodes from ‘wpcol_’ to ‘ezcol_’ (no worries, it’s backwards compatible)
- Upgraded visual editor window to WP 3.2 compliance
- Completely reworked visual editor interface
- Added additional “pick n click” column combinations
- Added 4/5 column support
- Added custom CSS logic for the 1/5-4/5 columns
- Updated and simplified the visual editor
- Additional shortcodes added. Please upgrade!
- Added Support for 1/5, 2/5 and 3/5 columns.
- Updated the shortcodes to clean up the WordPress "Auto P" functions that cause gaps, etc.
- New code