Add support for date-based taxonomy archives.
Includes a function for rendering an unordered list of years with months, linked to corresponding date-based taxonomy archive, nested therein.
This plugin is intended for use by plugin and theme developers. It simply adds support for date-based taxonomy archives, but has no native user interface.
Development is over on GitHub: https://github.com/ethitter/Date-based-Taxonomy-Archives/.
- Upload date-based-taxonomy-archives to /wp-content/plugins/.
- Activate plugin through the WordPress Plugins menu.
- Go to Settings > Permalinks and click Save Changes to refresh permalinks.
- How do I use this plugin?
Add the function
date_based_taxonomy_archives()to any template element that appears on a taxonomy archive. The function accepts an array containing the following arguments:
taxonomies– array of taxonomy slugs.
show_post_count– boolean value specifying whether or not to display show counts in parenthesis after archive links.
limit– integer specifying the number of archive links to show. Omit to show all archive links for the specified taxonomy.
before– output to display before archive link.
after– output to display after archive link.
echo– boolean value specifying whether to echo or return archive links.
- What filters does this plugin include?
date_based_taxonomy_archives_args– applied to arguments passed to
Contributors & Developers
“Date-based Taxonomy Archives” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Security update: correct misuse of
add_query_arg()as identified by Sucuri: https://blog.sucuri.net/2015/04/security-advisory-xss-vulnerability-affecting-multiple-wordpress-plugins.html.
- Remove unnecessary uses of
$wpdb->prepare()that were incorrectly implemented, resulting in PHP warnings when
- Convert plugin to a singelton pattern instead of relying on a global variable.
- Protect class variables and expose them only through a magic getter. Allows for more flexibility in adding class variables in the future.
- Localize large post counts for display, when requested.
- Correct phpdoc implementation.
- Initial public release