Customizer Plugin is a tool built for WordPress Theme Developers and Plugin Developers. It extends Customizer panel introduced in WP 3.4.
With Customizer Plugin you can:
- quickly add your theme’s or plugin’s options to the Customizer Panel without leaving the frontent preview
- take advantage of both serialized and non-serialized Theme Options
- add dropdowns, colour pickers, image uploaders, radio options and more
- extend your current theme to enable front-end customizations
Check this quick user guide for examples of how to configure WordPress Customizer.
Download the alpha version now and discuss the functionality or report a bug. Your feedback is appreciated.
The plugin is currently being developed to support even wider range of features and increase developers’ productivity. The final release will include:
Import / Export
Once you add your Theme Options to the Customizer’s panel you can save them to a .csv file and import into another project.
Future release will allow you to add controls to the front-end Customizer Panel, export them to a csv file and seamlessly integrate with your product (Theme or Plugin).
More Option Types
If the default text, image, color, radio, select and checkbox arent enough.
- Is it possible to add x feature?
Yes, I will review every reasonable request and will consider implementing more functions.
- Added: Drag and drop Sections – easily reorder sections
- Added: Section’s and Control’s ID’s are being autofilled basing on the Title/Label
- Added: Customizer-generated Sections are highlighted to indicate which Sections can be reorganized
- Removed: User no longer has to specify the Section’s priority (replaced with drag and drop functionality)
- Minor UI improvements
- Crucial compatibility improvements. Tested with WP 3.8.1
- Added autocomplete function to “Add Control” section (requires serialized options)
- First publicly released version of the plugin. Fully functional but might contain occasional bugs.