This is a public beta.
Cotton Framework comes with a complete XHTML / CSS Theme for designers to style using Child Themes.
- W3C Standards Compliant XHTML and CSS
- Mobile / Handheld device ready
- Print Friendly
- Cross Browser Compliant
- Google Web Site Verification
- Bing Web Site Verification
- Google Analytics Web Property ID Setting
- 7 Standard Widget Areas
- 14 Optional Advanced Widget Areas
Included Optional Plugins
- Robots Generator – Improve framework for search engines with a robots file.
- Sitemap Generator – Improve framework for search engines with a sitemap file.
- Mobile Support – Enable support for Mobile / Handheld Browsers.
- Google Hosted AJAX Libraries – Register Google’s hosted AJAX Libraries with WordPress.
Send Us Your Site
We’d like to see some examples of how the framework is being used. Send your live site examples to w3prodigy at gmail dot com.
Reporting Issues and Requesting Features
Please report any issues or feature requests to http://code.google.com/p/cotton-framework/issues/ using your google account.
- Upload the ‘cotton-framework’ folder to the ‘/wp-content/plugins/’ directory
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
Creating Your Own Themes
For more information on WordPress Child Themes, visit https://codex.wordpress.org/Theme_Development#Child_Themes_style.css
To view the framework theme:
1. Activate the Cotton Framework theme through the ‘Appearance’ menu in WordPress
To create a theme based on the Cotton Framework, WordPress needs to know that your theme is a Child Theme, place the following in your comment header in your style.css
Contributors & Developers
“Cotton Framework” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Resolved issues with Front Page Category functionality.
- Resolved issues for Child Themes.
- Doctype Setting removed, standard is now XHTML 1.0 Transitional for performance optimization. Transitional allows width and height attributes for img tag optimization.
- Added Bing Site Verification to the Settings page.
- Added 10 pixel margin to ‘posts’ ID.
- Widget Areas changed for better consistency.
- Framework Theme functions file was split into 3 files: functions.php, functions-hooks.php and functions-filters.php
- In-line actions placed in theme files.
- Framework CSS optimized to resolve concerns and various issues. Tiered navigation now functions as designed.
- Revised defined Widget Areas.
- Minor Patch to fix Validation issues.
- Initial release