Create child themes from any non-child theme at the click of a button.
This plugin is multisite compatible; if used on a multisite network, controls for creating child themes will be in the network admin instead of the regular site admin.
- Upload the
child-themifydirectory and its contents to the
/wp-content/plugins/directory (or your custom location if you manually changed the location).
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- You can now create a child theme of any non-child theme you have installed by going to the themes page and clicking “Create a child theme” from the actions links of the theme of your choice.
so easy, just install,
go to appearance/ themes,
click on theme you that needs a child and click “Create a child theme”
and voila, you have your new child theme available on theme page.
tbe best plugin !
It works but for some reason, it does no inherit .css or other related files to emulate the main theme?
So you do need (unless I’m missing something in terms of setting it up) to ‘recreate’ the associate files from the main theme
Nice job though and can imagine it will save tons of time to admins
I downloaded this, but it only created a folder in my downloads without an application to download. I’m a little confused to as how to download.
Thanks … DBJ
There is no “Create Child Theme” option in 3.8. Just learned about child themes and how essential they are I am tempted to take a step back in time and go back to 3.7. Was this due to the fact that most people didn’t use a child themes?…(cause they didn’t know its full functionality and capability). Or that more developers are finding ways to update their parent themes without the issues we’ve have had in the past?
“All because it was just one of those great things that not ENOUGH used, (purely off ignorance), so they just canned it in 3.8”
Hope not really would be great for this to work with 3.8.
Contributors & Developers
“Child Themify” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Released: 2016-10-13
- The plugin now creates a functions.php file in the new theme
- Released: 2015-10-13
- Fixed basename location when loading the textdomain
- Added textdomain and domainpath headers to plugin file
- Released: 2015-01-13
- Added French translation from FR_lucien
- Released: 2014-12-20
- Thumbnail now gets copied when you create a child theme
- Various other tweaks and security hardening
- Released: 2014-09-15
- Added support for WordPress 4.0
- Released: 2014-04-15
- Standardized theme action links shim. See https://github.com/johnpbloch/child-themify/issues/2 for more information
- Maintenance, code cleanup, bug fixes
- Released: 2014-01-13
- Added support for WP 3.8
- Released: 2013-01-18
- Add a semicolon to the end of the @import line in the stylesheet. Props to Luis Alejandre (wpthemedetector.com) for finding and solving.
- Released: 2012-12-31
- Initial Release