The Chat Room plugin allows administrators to easily create chat rooms for their users to participate in. Chat rooms are created via the WordPress administrative interface. After creation, users can access it via the permalink for the chat room.
The plugin currently will only support servers that have direct PHP filesystem access, which may not be available on all hosting environments.
All official development on this plugin is on GitHub. Version bumps will still be published here on WordPress.org. You can find the repo at https://github.com/WebDevStudios/Chat-Room. Please file issues, bugs, and enhancement ideas there, when possible.
Pluginize was launched in 2016 by WebDevStudios to promote, support, and house all of their WordPress products. Pluginize is not only creating new products for WordPress all the time, but also provides ongoing support and development for WordPress community favorites like CPTUI, CMB2, and more.
chat-roomfolder to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Create chat rooms via newly added menu item.
This is a simple but nice chat for general use. Some people wants more features. I guess it’s all depend what project to use it for? What I can see, this will pull to the login user. Some don’t even do that, have to enter your own username or enter any email address to trigger it… So I’m good with it for my basic usage. Also seems very light weight.
Thanks for your plugin, That’s what I need it, a simple and effective chat.
Good deal… Thanks much
Simply a mess. It creates problems with page style. There was two additional misplaced texboxes and writing in them on the chat it appears only my nickname.
Can you make this chat room be available on sidebar(widget)??
very simple, but totally set-up to work.
why I do love it:
1) links appear as text only..
2) users must be logged-in in order to chat or see the content
not sure how it will go in future, but it does the job!!
the link to my chat room: http://www.lustjobs.com/chat-room/chat/
Still, I would like to mention, that the site is hosted on a proper dedicated server (there was some warning that Chat Room might not work on some servers).
Thank you for this beautiful piece of digital solution 🙂
This plugin worked with no problems, however, because it has no customization options, its practically useless to me. Here are some basic issues I had with the plugin:
* Moderation – There is no way to moderate the chat room. If people use curse words or words that you feel is inappropriate, there is no way to delete them.
* Page/Post Layout – This plugin created a post, however, there is no way to edit the layout (full width, sidebar/content, etc.). This was the deal breaker for me.
* Users – I have a membership site and it would be nice to know who’s on the page utilizing the chat. It does show me as “Admin” when I post, however, there is not a list of users and there is no way to show this. I would like to know who’s in the chatroom before they post.
This plugin will be great for someone/business that need to chat with one person about a project or something of this nature. However, for a chat room solution, it would not be recommended. There is no way to moderate it so this would be a recipe for a disaster.
I wish there was a “pro” version that offered more options.
Congratulations! Simple and efficient plugin! I love it!
Contributors & Developers
“Chat Room” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Touch up on some security/sanitization.
- Fix auto-scroll of the div down to new messages for Windows FF.
- Fix bug that hid display of contents of non-chat room post types.
- Initial release