BuddyPress notification widget allow site admins to show BuddyPress user notification in widget.
How it works:-
Add BP Notification widget in widget area to show notifications for the currently logged in user.
Help & Support
This section describes how to install the plugin and get it working.
- Download the zip file and extract
buddypress-notification-widgetdirectory to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu.
- Why I am not seeing the widget on Frontend?
The widget is only visible if user has some unread notification.
- Does This plugin works without BuddyPress
No, It needs you to have BuddyPress Installed and activated
Can’t imagine my site/forum running without this one. Congrats, VG job!
Contributors & Developers
“BuddyPress Notification Widget” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Complete rewrite of the widget
- Added option to allow showing widget even when there are no notifications.
- Changed text-domain to ‘buddypress-notifications-widget’
- Widget will be disabled automatically when notifications component is not enabled.
- Fixed for listing of notifications
- Tested with BuddyPress 2.6.0
Updated to use widget options properly
Updated to add back compatiblity with pre BuddyPress 1.9
Updated to fix issues with BuddyPress 1.9+