This is a free extension for the form builder plugin BuddyForms which makes user generated content easy using BuddyPress.
The extension allows you to:
- Integrate Forms into your BuddyPress members profile. Allow your users to write – edit – upload posts, images, video, & just about any other content to your community, right from their BuddyPress Member Profile!
- Create group forms: Many forms can share the same Profile Tab . All Forms with the same attached page can be grouped together. They will be listed as sub-navigation tabs in the main menu of the profile tab.
- Manage the visibility of who can see your submissions in your profile
- > Private – Only the logged in member in his profile.
- > Community – Logged in user can see other users profile posts
- > Public Visible – Unregistered users can see user profile posts
About the core form builder plugin BuddyForms:
- From simple to advanced forms you can build forms in minutes.
- Manage permissions: define, create, edit and delete rights for each role and form.
- Get all the necessary form elements like text fields, email input, checkboxes, dropdowns and more.
- Choose how your members create, manage and edit their posts. With moderation and permission control you can automate your publishing process and save a lot of time.
→ Check out the BuddyForms plugin for more information and other free extensions that come with it
See the plugin in action:
Perfect for online magazines, blogs, directories, stores, FAQ’s… you name it.
- Bring your existing plugins or theme post types into the BuddyPress ecosystem and make it accessible for your users right from their profile.
Docs & Support
Submit Issues – Contribute
- Pull request are welcome. BuddyForms is community driven and developed on Github
Powered with ❤ by ThemeKraft
buddypress, user, members, profiles, custom post types, taxonomy, frontend posting, frontend editing, form, forms, form builder, forms builder, post forms, user generated content, form, forms, frontend forms, contact form, contact forms, content form, post form, post forms, content forms, registration form, registration forms, custom form, custom forms, form, form administration, form builder, form creation, form creator, form manager, forms, forms builder, forms creation, forms creator, forms manager, community, content, content generation, crowdsourced content, frontend generated content, images, post, posts, public, publish, share, submission, submissions, submit, submitted, upload, user submitted, user-generated, user-submit, user-generated content
Documentation & Support
Extensive Documentation and Support
- All code is neat, clean and well documented (inline as well as in the documentation).
- The BuddyForms Documentation with many how-to’s will help you on your way.
- Find our Getting Started, How-to and Developer Docs on docs.buddyforms.com
- or watch one of our Video Tutorials
- If you still get stuck somewhere, our support gets you back on the right track. You can find all help buttons in your BuddyForms Settings Panel in your WP Dashboard and the Help Center!
- Installation Instructions
Upload the entire BuddyForms folder to the /wp-content/plugins/ directory or install the plugin through the WordPress plugins screen directly.
Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
Head to the ‘BuddyForms’ menu item in your admin sidebar
- Can I create a normal Contact Forms
Yes, you can create Simple Contact Forms or Complex Contact Forms with many different actions to create your submission logic.
- Can I create a Registration Forms
Yes, you can Create Registration Forms
- Can I create a Content Forms
Yes, you can create Content forms for any post type.
- Can I Combine Registration Forms and Content Forms
Yes, you can add login and registration Form Elements to any form and ask your user to Login or Register during form submission.
Great plugin. Super easy to use, and Sven is really responsive and helpful.
We use it to create user driven directories.
I’m the developer of the plugin and I use it on a couple of sites. I’m always looking for feedback and new ideas. Of course I truly like the plugin and give it a 5 star rating 😉
Outstanding = Sven and his team when it comes to both help and collaboration. He is genuinely interested in making the best product for you to use in any way you see fit – and he will help with support in any way he can.
Innovative = Buddyforms (core) and the addons give you exactly what you need to build and grow an online community. Expect more and more companies and brands to be requesting you (developers, agencies, etc.) to look into creating a community setup for their brand to build stronger relationships (and valuable ones) with customers – and then remember that Buddyforms gives you the tools to create it.
Numerous Opportunities = Get creative about what you can do with the addons for your site and community. You’ll likely realize that there is so much more you can do with Buddyforms than you will originally thought. Guaranteed.
BuddyForms is the best plugin for BuddyPress.
It is very useful and with his different extensions for free it gives many options to manage everything from the frontend.
The support leads by Sven, is personal, friendly, fast and he takes all suggestions on board.
Many thanks for this great plugin.
Great stuff, thank you!
Contributors & Developers
“BuddyForms Members” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Fixed an issue with the pagination probs go to @mfalk75 to find and fix the issue
- New freemius integration
- Make sure multiple child forms work with BuddyPress enabled even if one the forms is embedded and one is separated but both use the same parent.
- Added the bp->unfiltered_uri to the create url to support child/ parent functionality so plugins not need to reinvent the wheel.
- Create a new function to make the rewrite working if ajax is disabled
- Fixed a strange issue. The plugin does not have a valid header. I fixed it by add more * to the header.
- Add a new option to define the profile visibility
- Private – Only the logged in member in his profile.
- Community – Logged in user can see other users profile posts
- Public Visible – Unregistered users can see user profile posts
- Code cleanup to meet the WordPress coding standards
- Remove the old wp_pagenavi dependencies.
- Fixed an issue with the pagination. This issue was created with the new parent page logic.
- Create a new function to overwrite the pagination
- Fixed an issue with the edit link. There was a conflict if the post was actually not created with BuddyForms and if you select display all posts of this post type in the form settings.
- By default it is set to display only posts from the post type created by this form. I have added a extra check so if the post type default setting is available this form ist used
- Rename extention.php to extension.php
- Fixed an issue with the dependencies management. If pro was activated it still ask for the free version. Fixed now with a new default BUDDYFORMS_PRO_VERSION in the core to check if the pro is active.
- Remove profiles_visible settings.
- Fixed an issue with the admin bar links creating a 404
- Add dependencies management with tgm
- Fixed an issue if parent sub nav tabs and parent tabs with same attached page but not as parent tab. Should work now in all combinations
- Change buddyforms_locate_template to use only the file slug
- Add multisite support
- Work on the form builder ui conditionals
- Loop Table View in BuddyPress Profiles
- Create new functions to show hide metaboxes
- Work on the conditionals admin ui
- Add postbox_classes to make the postbox visible.
- get_currentuserinfo change to wp_get_current_user
- Remove unneeded subnav tabs. Its not possible to register a buddy press endpoint without create the nav. To keep it constancy we do it like this and hide the subs with css and remove them with jQuery for mobil usage
- Add form elements select box support
- Fixed the my post tap issue
- Make sure hidden sub tabs in profile the li is hidden too
- Use buddyforms_display_field_group_table to display options
- No more sidebar
- Added CSS fixes for Loop Table View in BuddyPress Profiles
- Loop Table View in BuddyPress Profiles
- Added all BuddyPress related CSS of BuddyForms to this CSS file
- Add edit icon and aria label
- Fixed one small issue. In some situation the $bp->unfiltered_uri could be empty. I added a if statement to avoid undefined index notice.
- Add a new function to rewrite the edit link for grouped forms. There have been some rewrite issues left from the 1.1 update.
- There was an issue cursed by the last update.I have added [$bp->current_component][$bp->current_action] as array to the new global to support many sub pages
- Create a new global buddyforms_member_tabs to find the needed form slug
- Fixed a redirect issue some users expected wired redirects in the profile. This was happen because of the missing form slug in some setups. Should be fixed now with the now global.
- Make it work with the latest version of BuddyForms. The BuddyForms array has changed so I adjust the code too the new structure
- Changed default BuddyForms to BUDDYFORMS_VERSION
- Fixe no post got displayed in the profile tab…
- Added post meta for selecting parent tab
- Added child tab
- Added new option to select the parent
- Add child parent form relationship. I use the attached page to group forms.
- Clean up code after rewrite
- Fix the pagination. The parent my posts pagination was broken. I have fixed this with a redirect to have always the same url structure in the profile.
- Add css for hide the home tab. Its not used and gets redirected.
- Fixed a small bug with BP_MEMBERS_SLUG. The constant does not work if the slug got changed
- only display posts created by the form
- remove the old delete post structure
- fixed the dependencies message
- rename session
- Fixed a conflict with the BP Group Hierarchy Plugin. Props to Mitch for reporting and helping me fix this issue.
- add a isset check to prevent a array_key_exists error if no form is created.
- new language files for hebrew thanks to Milena
- add support for the shortcodes button
- changed the query to only show post parents
- changed plugin uri
- display the form tab only if the user has the needed role
- check if the buddy press component exists
- load the js css if BuddyForms is displayed
- add new admin notice
- rewrite the integration and data object
- its now translation ready
- Small bug fixes
- Small bug fixes
- Spelling correction
- add wp 3.9 support and added a more detailed readme description
- add buddyforms_members_requirements check
- final 1.0 version