BuddyDrive is a BuddyPress (2.5+) plugin that uses the BP Attachment API to allow the members of a community to share files or folders. Depending on the BuddyPress settings, the access to the BuddyDrive user’s content can be restricted to:
- the owner of the item only (private),
- people that know the password the owner set for his item (protected),
- the friends of the owner of the file (Restricted to friends),
- the members of the group the content is attached to (Restricted to groups),
- specific members the owner selects (Restricted to members),
- or everybody (public) !
This plugin is available in english and french.
- If you have any question
Use the support forum of this plugin.
No one from my readers will understand what does it mean. BuddyDrive is more a name for webmasters than users ;o) But I love this Plugin !!!
Works fine the only thing missing is that you can create more than one folder in buddypress groups
- !important Requires WordPress 4.5 and BuddyPress 2.5.
- Use custom post status to set a file or folder privacy.
- Completely revamped UI (Backbone/Underscore).
- Multiple file uploads.
- Share a file into multiple groups.
- Directly upload new files or create new folders from the current group.
- Share files or folders with specific members you select.
- Real shared folders.
- Detailed user statistics.
- Prevents an error when the downloaded file size is bigger than the WP memory limit (props bentasm1).
- Improve the way the Groups selectbox is populated and include a new filter to eventually restrict the groups the user can share an item into.
- Add new hooks to allow custom privacy settings.
- Fix 2 notice errors.
- Fix an english error.
- Fix a regression introduced in 1.3.1 when opening folders shared in groups.
- Introduce a new filter to customize the main BuddyDrive query.
- Make sure custom fields are shown when editing files.
- Allow custom loop to list files according to the files privacy
- Allow BuddyDrive’s group nav item visibility/access to be overriden
- Adapt to WP List Table changes introduced in WordPress 4.3
- Use the correct filter for the type being saved in BuddyDrive_Item->save()
- Requires BuddyPress 2.3
- Uses the BuddyPress Attachments API to manage user submitted media.
- Introduces the BuddyDrive editor, a specific tool plugins can use to attached file to their content.
- Updates the group’s latest activity when a file is shared with the members of the group.
- Improve the Bulk delete feature in the Administration screen to make sure each user’s quota will be updated.
- Now includes a thumbnail for public image files when embed in the activity stream, a private message, a post, a page, …
- Spanish translation, props sr_blasco
- Make sure add_query_arg() urls are escaped.
- Now Administrators can view users private files and folders on front-end
- Improves translation by allowing the mo file to be out of the plugin’s directory
- Fixes a notice error using the BuddyPress Group Extension API
- Fixes a notice error when the BuddyDrive main page is displayed (eg: password form)
- Removes accents from filename when saving a file to avoid char encoding troubles
- Makes sure the quota and other upload restrictions are doing their job
- Introduces some filters to add new upload restrictions
- Fixes a problem when sharing folders in the activity stream
- Fixes a notice error in the BuddyDrive Administration
- Fixes a notice error in case the file does not exist anymore
- Adapts to changes introduced in plupload feature by WordPress 3.9
- List all user’s groups setting the per_page argument to false
- Uses dashicons
- Improves theme “adaptability” using BuddyPress members/single/plugins.php template and a new screen class
- Allowes the use of custom fields for BuddyDrive Files
- Adds an action to track downloads
- Adds filters to add a custom column in WP List Table
- Enjoys the “2.0” BuddyPress wp-admin/profile to display user stats
- Adds a filter to change the upload dir
- Adds a select box to sort items by last edit dates or names
- Removes the Network:true tag and uses specific checks to be sure BuddyDrive shares the same “config” than BuddyPress
- Adds a link in BuddyDrive’s groups pages to open current user’s BuddyDrive explorer
- fixes a bug reported by a user in BuddyDrive files and folders admin (Checks WP_List_Table)
- Modifies the way BuddyDrive group extension is loaded (waits for bp_init to be sure group id is set)
- fixes the bug with hidden groups.
- brings cutomizable slugs and names.
- brings more control over users upload quota (by role or even by user).
- adds an information in network administration users list or blog administration users list.
- BuddyDrive can now be automatically activated for newly created groups.
- tested in BuddyPress 1.8 & still requires at least version 1.7
- files, folders management for users
- Requires BuddyPress 1.7
- language supported : french, english