Once the plugin activated, go into your forums administration menu and define for each one of them if they will :
- eventually accept support topic (default setting)
- be dedicated to support
- not accept support topics.
In the first case, a checkbox will be displayed to topic authors in order to let them define their topic as a support one.
In the second one, no checkbox will be displayed, and the topic will automatically be a support request.
For these 2 cases, once on the topic page, the author, group admin / mod, or super admin will be able to manage the status of the topics (Resolved, Not resolved..).
In the third case, no checkbox will be displayed and topics will be regular ones.
Since 2.0, the plugin requires bbPress 2.5.
Administrators are able to manage the support topics from the Topics backend menu. Once on the admin edit screen of a topic, in the first right metabox, they can change the status of the topic. They can also bulk edit support status from the list of topics using the edit bulk action.
It will work with BuddyPress (2.0) Groups forums (powered by bbPress 2.5).
It’s available in french and english.
You can watch a demo below :
- Installation Instructions
You can download and install Buddy bbPress Support Topic using the built in WordPress plugin installer. If you download Buddy bbPress Support Topic manually, make sure it is uploaded to “/wp-content/plugins/buddy-bbpress-support-topic/”.
Activate Buddy bbPress Support Topic in the “Plugins” admin panel using the “Network Activate” (or “Activate” if you are not running a network) link.
- How can i add custom support status ?
You’ll need to use a filter from your plugin or the functions.php file of your active theme. Here’s a gist to illustrate how to achieve it.
- Does the plugin still work with BuddyPress legacy forums ?
No, the plugin requires bbPress 2.5 which also works great to power BuddyPress Groups forums.
- If you have any other questions
Please add a comment here
Really useful, and perfect for my needs. Very adaptable. Only issue I had was a massive pain until I realised what the issue was. The options that appear in group settings have to be saved before the default option works correctly. It seems to work without saving, but the selections disappear after submitting. Made me nearly go crazy trying to work out the bug. Once the options have been saved, it works fine.
Simple to use, no fancy settings.
This is not a plugin comes with a lot of features. But it gave you enough functions to build a support forum with some flexibilities.
Just waiting on some support.
Awesomely awesome. Made some code changes and improvements but excellent already out of box. Just adding in some custom statuses and theme changes for the plugin as well as adding in features I need.
Easy to customise and like i said awesomely awesome out of the box!
En reprise du commentaire posté en Support :
L’extension est top, très pratique, toute simple d’utilisation – pour moi avec un multisite 4.3.1 – et les dernières versions (actuelles) de BuddyPress – BBPress.
Idéalement, j’aurais aimé pouvoir indiquer un sujet support comme étant privé (entre l’auteur et le modérateur et-ou l’administrateur) mais j’avoue ne pas avoir suffisamment fouillé encore pour affirmer que la possibilité n’existe pas.
Contributors & Developers
“Buddy-bbPress Support Topic” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Change the support status in topic, now live update the prefix title.
- Use wp.a11y.speak in AJAX events.
- Improvement (back-office): Add support status “Not resolved” to a new topic when parent forum is a dedicated forum support.
- Bump Tested Up version to 4.7.3
- Update readme.txt
- Bump Tested Up version to 4.7.2
- Update donate link
- Prevent users not having the rights to mark the topic as resolved
- Solves a bug with WP 4.7
- Guidelines & support topic templates for support only forums
- A new checkbox to mark topic as resolved directly when replying to a topic of a support only forum
- minor bug fixes
- No more support for bbPress 1.x
- More control on the support feature which can now be managed from the parent forum
- Email notifications for moderators in case of a new support topic
- New BuddyPress manage group tab (requires BuddyPress 2.0+) to manage the support feature for the group forum (bbPress 2.5+)
- Topics support status bulk edit
- a WordPress filter to add new support status
- Now available for each blog of the network
- Stats in a new section of bbPress Right Now Dashboard Widget
- Sidebar Widget to display the stats on front end
- Topics can be filtered by support status on front and in back end
- Solves a bug in BuddyPress forums (bbPress 1.2) when used as sitewide one (ajax filter)
- brings more security
- fixes a bug when themes use their own templates to override bbPress 2.2.4 ones
- adds a filter in order to style the support mention in bbPress 1.2 BuddyPress group forums
- Plugin’s first appearance in WordPress repo