BuddyPress Live Notification adds a Facebook Like real-time notification for user.
How it works:-
Shows live notifications to other members on a BuddyPress based social network. The new and improved version uses WordPress heartbeat api to fetch notifications
and allows a theme author to implement their own ui for notifying the update.
Please do let us know your thoughts & suggestion on our blog BuddyDev
This section describes how to install the plugin and get it working.
- Download the zip file and extract
bp-live-notificationdirectory to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu.
- Alternatively you can use WordPress Plugin installer from Dashboard->Plugins->Add New to add this plugin
- Does This plugin works without BuddyPress
No, It needs you to have BuddyPress installed and activated and the BuddyPress notifications component must be enabled
- Where Do I Ask for support?
Please visit BuddyDev for support.
Thank you for this feature.
Never worked with Buddy Theme (from Enavo Market).
Worked no problem thanks
Contributors & Developers
“BuddyPress Live Notification” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Fixes the infinite notification bug.
- Uses latest notification id instead of time for checking the new notifications.
- Complete rewrite for better code and efficiency.
- Uses WordPress heartbeat api instead of long polling via the ajax.
- Allows theme authors to replace the inbuilt notification UI with a different one .
- Updated for properly handling json response.