This plugin adds credits, link and license fields to media uploads and offer several
options to display image credits on your posts and pages. You can either:
- Use the [image-credit] shortcode. Optional attributes are
template(use curly brackets instead of square brackets for placeholders).
- Use the
the_image_credits()template tag. Optional parameters are
- Let the plugin automatically display the credits for you, before or after the
content or overlaid above each image.
- Use the widget to display the credits in the footer or the sidebars.
See the settings page to choose how you display the credits, including the HTML
used to build them.
This plugin is a fork of the Image Credits plugin
by Adam Capriola. It is 100%
compatible, if you are already using the Image Credit plugin just replace it
with this one and it will work about the same way, except you will have more control.
Following is the list of people and projects who helped me with this plugin,
many thanks to them 🙂
Rather than fiddling around with notes in every blogpost, you just enter the details once per image and they'll just appear; didn't have to fiddle with code. Easy! Flexible as you're able to edit what is actually used & displayed (text & links) in the credits (change language, remove anything you don't want).
Makes it much easier to comply with (creative commmons) licence requirements!
- Adding autocomplete features to the “license” and “license link” fields
- Added a setting to pick-up the color of the overlay background
- Preparing for language packs
- The search box in the media library now allows searches through the credits
- Plugin now uses only one row in the options’ table
- Fixed bug that prevents ovelayed credits to properly display when multiple
images have the same credits
- Added template-related settings to the credits widget
- Added the possibility to set the credits in bulk in the media library. Open
the media library, choose the list mode then in the “Bulk Actions” dropdown
choose the “Image Credits” action. Select the images you want to update and
press the “Apply” button.
- Totally masking the widget when there is no credit
- Updated all translations
- Updating pot file and French translations
- Changes for WordPress 4.3
- Widget can now display credits on archive pages too
templateattribute to shortcode
- More fix related to the admin hook issue.
- Fixed wrong hook used to initialized the admin part of the plugin causing the
cusom fields not to show up or not to save when adding an image from the post editor.
- Added support for a link to the license.
- Added support for custom header and background images.
- Added a widget to display the credits in footer or sidebars.
- Improved the support for the overlay display option
- Added templating for the individual credits
- Added a license field
- Simplified and moved around some code
- Added support for image galleries
- Added Italian and Serbian translations
- Added French translations
- Added Dutch translations
- Removed overlay script dependency on
jquery.tools, replaced with
- Initial release