Google Analytics can be operated in several modes:
- Plain simple Google Analytics – usage of the site is tracked
- Google Analytics with demographics tracking
- Google Analytics with enhanced link attribution
- Google Analytics with demographics and link attribution
- Google Analytics with UserID session tracking
- Google Analytics with Remarketing/Display Advertising
- Universal Analytics (new version)
- Universal Analytics with demographics tracking
- Universal Analytics with enhanced link attribution
- Universal Analytics with UserID session tracking
- Universal Anlaytics with Remarketing/Display Advertising
- Universal Analytics with ECommerce transaction tracking
- Universal Analytics with demographics, link attribution, UserID session and ECommerce transaction tracking
Plus it makes it easy to see exactly what you have enabled per site.
This plugin also:
- Provides a fix for bounce tracking, in that an event gets generated after a configurable timeout once they have scrolled down the page. This way if the user is actually reading a page it won’t be counted as a bounce.
- Allows you to turn off Google Analytics tracking for specific pages if required (i.e. privacy or performance).
- Allows you to turn off Google Analytics for a set of request IP’s or subnets (i.e. your office), saves having to fiddle with IP settings in GA itself.
- Allows you to turn off tracking by role (by default Administrator).
- Support for event tracking
Easy to use, and does exactly what it is suppose to do. It also has additional customization features I have not found in other similar plugins. I have been using this specific one for the past 1+ years without any troubles. Thanks 🙂
= 1.14 –
* event tracking shortcode added
= 1.13 –
* Link to https://webcheck.aykira.com.au/ in settings screen
= 1.12 –
* Putting ?_noacp=y in the URL will stop tracking, great for screenshot scripts
= 1.11 –
* Fixes for const references
- Support for remarketing/Display Advertising (AdWords)
- Further fix for excluded IP’s whitespace issues
- UA ECommerce transaction initialisation
- Further fix for whitespace blank IP field
- Support for UserID tracking in GA (thanks Keesjan!)
- Bug fix with blank space in IP field
- Support for role based exclusion from tracking.
- Control over if the tracking code goes in the header or footer (defaults to header now).
- Support for Universal Analytics – just set to Yes in the settings and its changed.
- Can disable GA by request source IP if required.
- Can disable GA per page if required.
- Initial Release