This is the easiest way you can create your own anonymous image board.
- Create threads and posts anonymously
- Display images nicely using a LightBox
- Ability to remember OPs
- Ability to delete your own posts/threads
- Complete anonymity – no IP tracking and open source code
- Authors of posts/threads are recognized only by a single cookie
- reCAPTCHA protection agains SPAM
- Customizable templates
Watch the demo video here:
** Sites that are currently using this plugin:**
If you’d like us to list your website here send us a link to your anonymous board at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Install and activate the plugin.
- Activate permalinks if you haven’t done that yet.
- Create a regular page. This page will be your main AIB page. Normally you will put links there to all boards, greetings, announcements, etc.
- On the settings page of the plugin enter the ID of the page you just created.
- Create new boards in the Boards section of the plugin. For example if you want to create /b, you should enter something like “Random” in the “Name” field and “b” in the “Slug” field. After you’ve created the board, you will see it in the list of boards on the same page. By clicking the “view” link below the board name you can find out the address (URL) of the board. Remember that URL, you will need it next.
- Open the page you’ve added in the beginning and add there links to the boards you just created. They should be click-able of course. All this should be done manually in order for your main AIB page to have a unique look and be easy to customize.
- All done!
- How can I customize the look of my threads and posts pages?
Upon installation AIB copies its template files to the currently active theme folder. You can find them there and edit as you like. These files will not be reset after the next plugin update so you should not worry about losing any of your customizations. If you want to reset them, you should click the Reset Templates button on the plugin’s settings page.
Contributors & Developers
“Anonymous Image Board” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- List versions from most recent at top to oldest at bottom.