This plugin adds enhanced “Navigation Menu” widget. It offers many options which could be set to customize the output of the custom menu through the widget.
- Custom hierarchy – “Only related sub-items” or “Only strictly related sub-items”.
- Starting depth and maximum level to display + flat display.
- Display all menu items starting with the selected one.
- Display only direct path to current element or only children of selected item (option to include the parent item).
- Display menu as drop down.
- Custom class for a widget block.
- And almost all the parameters for the wp_nav_menu function.
- Display menu items descriptions.
Are you missing something or isn’t it working as expected ? I am open to suggestions to improve the plugin !
- “Title” – set the title for your widget
- “Custom Widget Class” – custom class for widget block
- “Select Menu” – menu from the custom menus you want show
- “Show hierarchy” – you can set to display only related or strictly related items
- “Starting depth” – display only menu items which depth is greater then this
- “How many levels to display” – limit the display from 1 to 5 levels or flat display
- “Filter selection from” – only items which are children or grandchildren of selected element will be displayed
- “Select the filter” – filter the direct path for the current menu item (like breadcrumb navigation) or display only its children
- “Include parents” – when checked it display also parent item upon filters (e.x. Display only children of selected item)
You can use
[advMenu] shortcode with the parameters listed below:
'nav_menu' (menu ID) 'title' 'dropdown' 'only_related' 'depth' 'container' 'container_id' 'menu_class' 'before' 'after' 'link_before' 'link_after' 'filter' 'filter_selection' 'include_parent' 'start_depth' 'hide_title' 'custom_widget_class'
[advMenu title="Menu Title" nav_menu=2]
- Can I email you with the support questions ?
No. Please use integrated forum support system.
- Do you provide some extra “premium” customization ?
Yes. You can email me in this case.
I am trying to get an answer on how to fix an issue I seem to be experiencing. On my pages (and not all) the menu item for that same page shows up. I have the settings same across the board and for some pages it doesn't show and for some it even shows twice. Any idea on how I can remove this? An example of this would be here: http://www.ussailing.org/olympics/calendar/ You can see I am on the Calendar page but still shows Calendar on the sidebar. The settings are set to only show child pages so basically that should show no menu on that page. Any ideas? I've submitted this question in the support for the plugin and I have no response.
Simply works! Thanks...
- Fix for first parent item as a title not working as expected
- First stage of code refactoring and cleanup
- Fixes deprecated warnings and various other errors
- Added option to use first parent item as a title
- Added option to display menu as dropdown.
- Added descriptions.
- Added shortcode [advMenu]
- Post related parents are now accepted.
- Bug fixes and enhancements.
- Enhanced custom hierarchy (you are seeing really only related elements).
- Added option for a starting depth.
- Added option for a starting element.
- Added filter to display only some menu part based on chosen item.
- Added direct path.
- Added option to display only children elements of selected item.
- Added custom class for a widget block.
- initial release