Forum Replies Created

Viewing 13 replies - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Thread Starter waldopepper

    (@waldopepper)

    Thanks, I have submitted the form πŸ™‚

    Thread Starter waldopepper

    (@waldopepper)

    Ah found it thanks! I must have looked at the theme customise options a hundred times! There is a main logo option which is working correctly, then a button underneath this to upload a ‘Light’ logo version (I was ignoring this because the class for the problem image was ‘dark’.

    It was this that fixed it, it must have had a value in there, but wasn’t displaying the image set .. I guess also because it was originally uploaded as http:// (probably before we activated our site certificate).

    Thanks!

    Thread Starter waldopepper

    (@waldopepper)

    Hi, THANK YOU so much for this, doing the above and re-uploading WordPress did trigger an upgrade and let me get into the Dashboard. I have been re-installing everything since, weirdly with plugins all back, the site didn’t error but was still just showing the menu and no page content.

    I read online that the debug errors showing e.g. Fatal error: Uncaught Error: [] operator not supported for strings in Revslider plugin is sometimes caused by the PHP version not working, I dropped this down a few versions but it still wasn’t working. After leaving it overnight, it’s now showing everything except Revslider (slideshow) content so we’re almost there!

    Thanks again for your help, I wouldn’t have been able to make any headway without at least getting back to the dashboard.

    Thread Starter waldopepper

    (@waldopepper)

    Thanks for the suggestion, this is something that is being caused by a plugin that clones sites in our Multisite network. Not sure why it’s happening but I have worked out how to fix this in the database table anyways!

    If anyone is interested, the sitename was being appended to the end of the uploads directory so I changed it on the database:

    update databasename.wp_5_options set option_value =’/home/username/public_html/wp-content/uploads’ where option_name like ‘%upload_path%’

    Thread Starter waldopepper

    (@waldopepper)

    Hi again, thank you so much for your support. I just had to learn how to access my databases and how WordPress creates new WP_# tables for each new subsite!

    The upload_path wasn’t blank in the WordPress site it was cloned from, but it was set to this:
    [details removed]/public_html/wp-content/uploads

    In the cloned multisite it was this value:
    …/public_html/wp-content/uploads/sites/5

    So I changed it to:
    …/public_html/wp-content/uploads

    and media uploads are now working great! Is this something that might have broken anything else on the WP cloned site? Nothing else seems affected, I just want to be sure it’s all OK as this one will be used as a template for other sites. If it’s likely just to do with the Media Library URLs then I can just fix this each time if it happens again with further clones πŸ™‚

    Thread Starter waldopepper

    (@waldopepper)

    Hi, the site is available now and the media issue is happening on this site too.

    It has saved a test file in:
    /wp-content/uploads/sites/5/sites/5/2020/03/test.jpg

    But is looking for:
    /wp-content/uploads/sites/5/2020/03/test.jpg

    Thread Starter waldopepper

    (@waldopepper)

    Thanks πŸ™‚ Emailed you the log and just waiting for the DNS to activate for the subdomain so I can test if this has happened again on the new test site.

    Thread Starter waldopepper

    (@waldopepper)

    Closing the topic as resolved, thanks for your time looking into this.

    Thread Starter waldopepper

    (@waldopepper)

    Hi, sorry for the trouble, I was also chatting with the Hosting provider and they are telling me that they don’t support WordPress Multisite at all! I was given a host to install this on and didn’t realise that not all support this πŸ™

    Thanks for your help anyways, we’ll look for another provider that can help with this type of structure.

    Thread Starter waldopepper

    (@waldopepper)

    Ah OK, here’s our htaccess file:

    
    # BEGIN WordPress
    # The directives (lines) between <code>BEGIN WordPress</code> and <code>END WordPress</code> are
    # dynamically generated, and should only be modified via WordPress filters.
    # Any changes to the directives between these markers will be overwritten.
    <IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
    RewriteEngine On
    RewriteBase /
    RewriteRule ^index\.php$ - [L]
    
    # add a trailing slash to /wp-admin
    RewriteRule ^wp-admin$ wp-admin/ [R=301,L]
    
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -f [OR]
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -d
    RewriteRule ^ - [L]
    RewriteRule ^(wp-(content|admin|includes).*) $1 [L]
    RewriteRule ^(.*\.php)$ $1 [L]
    RewriteRule . index.php [L]
    </IfModule>
    
    # END WordPress
    
    # Wordfence WAF
    <Files ".user.ini">
    <IfModule mod_authz_core.c>
    	Require all denied
    </IfModule>
    <IfModule !mod_authz_core.c>
    	Order deny,allow
    	Deny from all
    </IfModule>
    </Files>
    
    # END Wordfence WAF
    
    Thread Starter waldopepper

    (@waldopepper)

    Well the debug.log doesn’t add any new lines each time I browse to the subdomain URLS, but it does have a lot of warnings about themes and Woocommerce, maybe normal?

    The URLS are weird, maybe I should remove and re-install Woocommerce (maybe multisite messed with it or the URL structure?)
    /customers/c/2/3/totallylocallyshop.org/httpd.www/wp-content/themes/flatsome/inc/woocommerce/structure-wc-category-page.php

    Anyways, it doesn’t feel as though these errors are related to accessing the subdomains

    
    [20-Mar-2020 11:28:48 UTC] PHP Deprecated:  Function create_function() is deprecated in /customers/c/2/3/totallylocallyshop.org/httpd.www/wp-content/themes/flatsome/inc/woocommerce/structure-wc-category-page.php on line 17
    [20-Mar-2020 11:28:50 UTC] PHP Notice:  WC_Cart::get_cart_url is <strong>deprecated</strong> since version 2.5! Use wc_get_cart_url instead. in /customers/c/2/3/totallylocallyshop.org/httpd.www/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4648
    [20-Mar-2020 11:28:50 UTC] PHP Notice:  WC_Cart::get_cart_url is <strong>deprecated</strong> since version 2.5! Use wc_get_cart_url instead. in /customers/c/2/3/totallylocallyshop.org/httpd.www/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4648
    [20-Mar-2020 11:28:50 UTC] PHP Notice:  WC_Product::get_gallery_attachment_ids is <strong>deprecated</strong> since version 3.0! Use WC_Product::get_gallery_image_ids instead. in /customers/c/2/3/totallylocallyshop.org/httpd.www/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4648
    [20-Mar-2020 11:28:50 UTC] PHP Notice:  id was called <strong>incorrectly</strong>. Product properties should not be accessed directly. Backtrace: require('wp-blog-header.php'), require_once('wp-includes/template-loader.php'), include('/themes/flatsome/page-blank.php'), the_content, apply_filters('the_content'), WP_Hook->apply_filters, flatsome_contentfix, do_shortcode, preg_replace_callback, do_shortcode_tag, ux_products, wc_get_template_part, load_template, require('/themes/flatsome/woocommerce/content-product.php'), do_action('flatsome_product_box_actions'), WP_Hook->do_action, WP_Hook->apply_filters, flatsome_lightbox_button, WC_Abstract_Legacy_Product->__get, wc_doing_it_wrong Please see <a href="https://wordpress.org/support/article/debugging-in-wordpress/">Debugging in WordPress</a> for more information. (This message was added in version 3.0.) in /customers/c/2/3/totallylocallyshop.org/httpd.www/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4986
    [20-Mar-2020 11:28:50 UTC] PHP Notice:  WC_Product::get_categories is <strong>deprecated</strong> since version 3.0! Use wc_get_product_category_list instead. in /customers/c/2/3/totallylocallyshop.org/httpd.www/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4648
    [20-Mar-2020 11:28:50 UTC] PHP Notice:  WC_Product::get_gallery_attachment_ids is <strong>deprecated</strong> since version 3.0! Use WC_Product::get_gallery_image_ids instead. in /customers/c/2/3/totallylocallyshop.org/httpd.www/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4648
    [20-Mar-2020 11:28:50 UTC] PHP Notice:  id was called <strong>incorrectly</strong>. Product properties should not be accessed directly. Backtrace: require('wp-blog-header.php'), require_once('wp-includes/template-loader.php'), include('/themes/flatsome/page-blank.php'), the_content, apply_filters('the_content'), WP_Hook->apply_filters, flatsome_contentfix, do_shortcode, preg_replace_callback, do_shortcode_tag, ux_products, wc_get_template_part, load_template, require('/themes/flatsome/woocommerce/content-product.php'), do_action('flatsome_product_box_actions'), WP_Hook->do_action, WP_Hook->apply_filters, flatsome_lightbox_button, WC_Abstract_Legacy_Product->__get, wc_doing_it_wrong Please see <a href="https://wordpress.org/support/article/debugging-in-wordpress/">Debugging in WordPress</a> for more information. (This message was added in version 3.0.) in /customers/c/2/3/totallylocallyshop.org/httpd.www/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4986
    [20-Mar-2020 11:28:50 UTC] PHP Notice:  WC_Product::get_categories is <strong>deprecated</strong> since version 3.0! Use wc_get_product_category_list instead. in /customers/c/2/3/totallylocallyshop.org/httpd.www/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4648
    [20-Mar-2020 11:28:50 UTC] PHP Notice:  WC_Product::get_gallery_attachment_ids is <strong>deprecated</strong> since version 3.0! Use WC_Product::get_gallery_image_ids instead. in /customers/c/2/3/totallylocallyshop.org/httpd.www/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4648
    [20-Mar-2020 11:28:50 UTC] PHP Notice:  id was called <strong>incorrectly</strong>. Product properties should not be accessed directly. Backtrace: require('wp-blog-header.php'), require_once('wp-includes/template-loader.php'), include('/themes/flatsome/page-blank.php'), the_content, apply_filters('the_content'), WP_Hook->apply_filters, flatsome_contentfix, do_shortcode, preg_replace_callback, do_shortcode_tag, ux_products, wc_get_template_part, load_template, require('/themes/flatsome/woocommerce/content-product.php'), do_action('flatsome_product_box_actions'), WP_Hook->do_action, WP_Hook->apply_filters, flatsome_lightbox_button, WC_Abstract_Legacy_Product->__get, wc_doing_it_wrong Please see <a href="https://wordpress.org/support/article/debugging-in-wordpress/">Debugging in WordPress</a> for more information. (This message was added in version 3.0.) in /customers/c/2/3/totallylocallyshop.org/httpd.www/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4986
    [20-Mar-2020 11:28:50 UTC] PHP Notice:  WC_Product::get_categories is <strong>deprecated</strong> since version 3.0! Use wc_get_product_category_list instead. in /customers/c/2/3/totallylocallyshop.org/httpd.www/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4648
    

    [truncated]

    • This reply was modified 6 years, 6 months ago by Yui.
    • This reply was modified 6 years, 6 months ago by Yui.
    Thread Starter waldopepper

    (@waldopepper)

    Thanks for the quick answer and advice!

    I renamed .htacess and the main site is unaffected but the subdomains now show this error message
    Not Found
    The requested URL was not found on this server.

    Thanks, I didn’t realise the difference between Multisite and NS Cloner. What we are trying to do is have a template subdomain that we can quickly clone and create new subsites from (without having to apply all the same Pages/Themes/settings etc to each one, is this possible with the standard WP Multisite function?)

    Forum: Fixing WordPress
    In reply to: Permalinks problem
    Thread Starter waldopepper

    (@waldopepper)

    Thanks – not sure what you mean by ‘required code’ – is there a way of writing what the pages should be called, rather than doing this through the dashboard?

Viewing 13 replies - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)