vanjwilson
Forum Replies Created
-
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: [News CPT] date in news listI had a look at your single news item page, and I see a quick way you could format it with CSS:
add the following CSS rule to your theme:
.single .type-news { clear: both; margin: 0 auto; padding: 0; position: relative; width: 960px; }If you can’t, or would rather not, modify the theme CSS file directly, you could use a plugin, including the CSS editor module that comes with the Jetpack plugin: http://wordpress.org/plugins/jetpack/
I hope this helps.
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: [News CPT] date in news listI have updated the plugin to version 1.1.1. This adds show_date and date_format options to the list-date-items shortcode.
I put more info on how to use those options in the FAQ: https://wordpress.org/plugins/news-cpt/faq/
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: [News CPT] date in news listHi drksecret,
Thanks for trying the plugin.
I would be glad to take a look at adding this feature for you. I’ll try to have an update pushed to the plugin repo this weekend.
(While it is possible to merge your theme’s page template with the plugin’s news loop, it requires some detailed knowledge of PHP and WordPress template practices. I based the default news templates on one of the old Twenty-something themes, and I’ve found that the default doesn’t work for a lot of other themes, unfortunately.)
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: [News CPT] more news link is not working@jack.expertdesigner,
Sorry I missed the notice of your question when you asked it. I’m just circling back around to this plugin after being busy with other projects for a while.
After you install the News-CPT plugin and add news items, they will appear in reverse chronological order at a page with the URL
/news. This functions just like your blog archive page–if there are more news items than the limite set in Settings->Reading->Blog pages show at most X posts, which is 10 by default, that /news page will be paginated.If you want to change the order, to say be chronological with the oldest first, you could use a a custom function in your functions.php file, and attach it to the
pre_get_postshook, as described in this Codex article: http://codex.wordpress.org/Plugin_API/Action_Reference/pre_get_posts.I just finishing up testing a revised version of the plugin, which will add a shortcode so that you can add a list of news items in the middle of any other post’s content. This will have options like ‘count’ for the number of news items to show, and ‘category’ to limit it to limit it to news items assigned to a particular category.
I hope this is not too late to help. Let me know if you have any other questions.
-Van
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: [News CPT] Change the news urlSorry I missed the notice of your question when you asked it. I’m just circling back around to this plugin after being busy with other projects for a while.
To change the URL for the main page and all the individual news items, just change the slug field of the rewrite element in the $args array. This is around line 63 of the file news-cpt.php file.
For instance, change this:
'rewrite' => array( 'slug' => 'news', 'with_front' => false ),to this (substitute whatever slug you want your news items to have):
'rewrite' => array( 'slug' => 'zeitung', 'with_front' => false ),I hope this is not too late to help. Let me know if you have any other questions.
-Van
Thanks for the suggestions, mtekk.
I checked the access logs, and the only POST entries for that page were in fact returning a 404 code, and I was seeing the public WordPress 404 page.
I ended up working around this by copying the serialized option string from the development server, where saving the options is working, and UPDATE-ing the production db entry. That solved the immediate problem.
I have left a task in our queue to revisit this when we have some spare time.
I found what was causing the problem in this case: we are using APC Cache and the WP APC Panel plugin for WordPress.
I fixed it with the following steps:
- go to WordPress->Tools->WP APC Panel
- click on the User Cache Entries tab
- then click Clear user cache
As soon as I did this, all the old “extended” content from Movable Type, that I had added through the MySQL command line, started showing up in the post edit screens.