tillery
Forum Replies Created
-
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: [Firelight Lightbox] How to pinch and zoom on mobile?I don’t believe pinch-and-zoom has worked effectively for the default fancybox scripts the plugin uses. These are older fancybox scripts. I know the prior developer had started working on this, but I don’t think it was ever fully implemented. You will get an effect in some cases where the whole screen (including lightbox) will zoom if you pinch and zoom, but that’s not real pinch and zoom.
I’m honestly surprised we don’t get more questions about this, as it should be an expected behavior today for an image lightbox.
We’ve talked about adding/completing it, but we’d need to update the original scripts from Fancybox. The other option we’re considering is to include some newer/different free lightboxes that have this – but those may not have some of the rich options that the free Fancybox scripts offer.
I should note too, that our pro lightbox (based on Fancybox 5) offers pinch/zoom, but that doesn’t help you with the free versions obviously.
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: [Firelight Lightbox] Inline Boxes scroll to topHi @marcelle42! That is not the normal behavior for the lightbox. I just checked to be sure by creating a page with long content, and adding some links to images or videos in the content near the bottom. When I click on those, the lightbox opens without any background scroll.
You can see the same (or should be able to) by going to https://firelightwp.com/free-lightbox/ and scrolling down a bit a clicking one of the buttons to open a PDF or map or video. Maybe try that and confirm it doesn’t scroll for you (so we can exclude behavior specific to your browser). For V2 specifically, you can also try that here.
So we’d need to figure out why your page, specifically, is scrolling. I wonder if there’s any other JS operating on the page that is detecting the lightbox click/open, and causing the scroll.
If you can share a link to your page, we can take a look at that too.
Hi @kperegrine – Can you explain where/how you are adding links to the image caption? I don’t think you can add those in the media library or in image meta data? Is that added with Metaslider?
In any case, I’m not 100% sure our plugin will display links correctly in captions, largely because we aren’t expecting them to be there. We’ve had other feature requests to allow users to add and display rich-text captions, so this request seems along those lines.
I will ask the devs to check this and get back to you on what’s possible.
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: [Firelight Lightbox] Remove the UpsellsHi @opusuno –
Sure. There are upsells on two places: our admin page and on some blocks in the block editor. You can turn off the ones in the block editor by going to our settings page, to Miscellaneous, and then unchecking the ‘Enable Block Controls’ option.
For the admin page, there’s a banner at the top, and some links by premium settings. There’s not a way to turn those off. If you want to, you’d need to add CSS to the admin, and hide the banner container and links (I think they share a similar class). A simple way to add that admin css might be via a plugin like https://wordpress.org/plugins/admin-css-mu/
Since we have an option for one, and provided a work around for the other, I’ll mark this as resolved. But please let us know if you have more questions.Forum: Plugins
In reply to: [Firelight Lightbox] CSS to target shadow opacity or colorHi @richardmiller-1!
I think you want to change the box shadow around the ligthbox container. That is set on #fancybox-outer. Try this CSS. You will obviously want to change the color from blue, but it will ensure you see the change.#fancybox-outer {
box-shadow: 0 0 8px 4px blue !important;
}I’m sure you know, but you can change the color of the main background overlay via the settings, without CSS.