spacechampion
Forum Replies Created
-
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: [Job Manager] [Plugin: Job Manager] Editor: permissions deniedHi Gary, I’m using the capabilities manager plugin to create custom roles, and I want to assign a capability to add jobs to a custom role of Associate (who would be sponsors, advertisers and others).
I don’t want the role to be able to delete or edit other jobs. Is there a capability slug I can add such as add_jobs, edit_own_jobs, edit_others_jobs, delete_jobs, delete_own_jobs.
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: How to move Featured Image box from side to main columnNice! Exactly what I was looking for.
On the off chance you know how to do this…. I have a custom post type of ‘Video’, which needs posters/thumbnails attached, as well as videos. Worse, I want to allow alternate video files, so I need a metabox to attach those from the media uploader.
Thanks regardless.
Forum: Networking WordPress
In reply to: No theme loaded when creating new blogHmm, I’m using WP_DEFAULT_THEME, correctly using the theme’s folder name, but the theme is not activated by default — I just get the blank white page. I can go into the dashboard > themes and activate it there, but I shouldn’t have to do so, right? It should already be activated?
Hi, I’m trying your plugin. I would like to exclude the main blog from the multisite posts widget but there is no information on how to do that.
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: [Job Manager] [Plugin: Job Manager] Conflict with MU blog creationI spoke too soon. Error is back.
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: [Job Manager] [Plugin: Job Manager] Conflict with MU blog creationthanks, that’s a helpful plugin. That seemed to fix it.
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: Delete custom field from custom meta boxfigured this one out a few minutes after posting… π
Basically after updating a post, the form reads the database to redisplay the data so I just checked to see if the field was empty() and if so used delete_post_meta to delete it from the database. No custom delete buttons needed.
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: edit-pages and edit-posts show both pages and postsI’m wondering if I can use is_plugin_page() to prevent this? Is there a parameter to specify a particular plugin?
Better yet would be to use a function that checks if a particular admin page is called. Is there a hook for that?
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: [Plugin: User Photo] How do I return just the image URL?that will only work if the photo is a jpg.
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: [Plugin: User Photo] Add link to author page from photoI’m using the Member List plugin to create a directory of members. On the Author page I am trying to insert the userphoto_thumbnail with a link to the userphoto (with a thickbox class on the link to display it in the thickbox modal window).
So how do I get the URL to the userphoto rather than outputting the img tag?
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: [Plugin: Register Plus] WP 2.8 – Does Reg. Plus work?I get the slashes added to new registration to user email and admin email too.
I fixed it by adding the php function stripslashes.
Line 900: change <?php echo $regplus[‘msg’];?> to <?php echo stripslashes($regplus[‘msg’]);?>
Line 941: change ?php echo $regplus[‘adminmsg’];?> to ?php echo stripslashes($regplus[‘adminmsg’]);?>
In those instance, the custom msg and adminmsg are read from the database, which if you have characters like single or double quotes anywhere will have the slashes before them. The two above lines strip out the slashes to display the correct custom messages every time you want to edit the settings.
In addition to the settings page, you have to strip out the slashes before sending the messages.
Line 1817: change $regplus[‘adminmsg’] to stripslashes($regplus[‘adminmsg’])
Line 1879: change $regplus[‘msg’] to stripslashes($regplus[‘msg’])
I hope that helps.