Scott Werner
Forum Replies Created
-
Forum: Everything else WordPress
In reply to: Will WordPress work well for this site?For the backend, the search does work awesomely. I had a site with 700+ pages one time that didn’t have any problems.
I’m sure there is a plugin that gets ride of the pagination on the backend, but I don’t know why you’d want that.
Forum: Everything else WordPress
In reply to: Expired GoDaddy AccountBesides starting with a clean WP install, no.
GoDaddy does allow sometimes to get a restore of your site, but the fee is quite hefty.
Forum: Fixing WordPress
In reply to: Embed Google mapsWorking fine for me: http://scottwernerdesign.com/map-test/
Forum: Everything else WordPress
In reply to: Will WordPress work well for this site?I honestly don’t know. I usually just dive in and see if it works on plugins like that. Maybe just create a test site, make a ton of pages and test it.
Forum: Everything else WordPress
In reply to: Will WordPress work well for this site?Check this plugin out:
http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/admin-collapse-subpages/screenshots/
Forum: Everything else WordPress
In reply to: Will WordPress work well for this site?I’m confused on what you mean there.
Do you want a page with all the top level parent pages listed on it?
Forum: Fixing WordPress
In reply to: Embed Google mapsWhat code are you putting in?
Are you making sure you are on the ‘HTML’ view of the editor?
Also, what is the URL?
Forum: Everything else WordPress
In reply to: Will WordPress work well for this site?You can do a page hierarchy by setting a ‘child’ page of a ‘parent’ page.
Say you wanted to have a main Products page, with a sub page being Shirts or something, you just just set the shirts page to have a parent of Products.
I’ve done sites that had 5 levels of sub pages.
Forum: Fixing WordPress
In reply to: Want to remove “/blog2/” slug in page titlesHave you tried just a regular update of permalinks in the backend?
Forum: Fixing WordPress
In reply to: how to move my wordpress site to another host serverDid you already read this?
http://codex.wordpress.org/Moving_WordPressForum: Plugins
In reply to: Plugin Admin PageThank you.
Now I’m hung up again.
What I can’t get to do is have a basic text input, that inserts the entry into a function.
How do I make the options ‘talk’ to the function?