sadrobot
Forum Replies Created
-
Forum: Fixing WordPress
In reply to: Landing or Choice pageHello. If anyone else has this issue and has come across this post, I’ve managed to find a solution outlined here: http://wordpress.org/support/topic/how-to-configure-indexhtml-and-indexphp-using-htaccess?replies=18
Forum: Fixing WordPress
In reply to: Landing or Choice pageHi Valerio
Thanks for the tips, but I’m not totally sure either are the right solution for me!
I already have the HTML ready, so can’t really add it to my WordPress list of pages as I don’t want to use the existing template.I’ve also looked into the modal option, but if I apply it to the homepage, it will pop-up every time the visitor comes to the homepage. I also don’t want it to be a cookie-based option where it only displays at certain times. Modals also seem a bit clumsy when being displayed.
I only really want my choice.html page to load first before anything else.
I’ve also tried changing the default priority option on the server (eg, choice.html, index.php, index.html etc etc etc), but that doesn’t work either. 🙁
I’m at a bit of a loss!
Thanks anyway!
Forum: Fixing WordPress
In reply to: Landing or Choice pageThat’s correct, thank you.
So if anyone visits http://www.silverdalebathrooms.co.uk they will automatically see http://www.silverdalebathrooms.co.uk/choice.html instead.
But while navigating the site, and they click ‘home’ or the logo, they will still go to the homepage at index.php (and not choice.html!)thank you!