Forum Replies Created

Viewing 8 replies - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Thread Starter jpl980

    (@jpl980)

    That’s extremely helpful, and knowing this saves me from trying to continue to hunt down how I should correct my theme code. Also, it’s very helpful for me to know the conflict is with Jetpack comments. I suppose I could consider a different comments plugin to work with the Mailchimp plugin? Do you have any suggestions of good, alternative comment systems that do integrate nicely w/Mailchimp? Thanks!

    Thread Starter jpl980

    (@jpl980)

    I do understand how to do this if I just want to post a YouTube video. That works fine. I was just hoping to create a card for a page within my website that has a YouTube video embedded there. That way, if someone clicks through on the card, it sends them to my webpage, not the YouTube page. Is this possible?

    Actually upon submitting this card to Twitter, they said “Your card loads on desktop and iPhone, but does not load on Android.”

    As reference, the code that gets generated for the page I’m trying to create is (I’ve taken out some of the fields here & filled in dummy text:

    <!-- JM Twitter Cards by Julien Maury 5.2.0 -->
    <meta name="twitter:card" content="player">
    <meta name="twitter:creator" content="@text">
    <meta name="twitter:site" content="@text">
    <meta name="twitter:title" content="text">
    <meta name="twitter:description" content="text text text text text.">
    <meta name="twitter:image:src" content="image.jpg">
    <meta name="twitter:image:width" content="350">
    <meta name="twitter:image:height" content="196">
    <meta name="twitter:player" content="https://www.youtube.com/embed/URL">
    <meta name="twitter:player:stream" content="https://www.youtube.com/embed/URL">
    <meta name="twitter:player:stream:content_type" content="video/mp4; codecs=&quot;avc1.42E01E1, mp4a.40.2&quot;">
    <meta name="twitter:player:width" content="350">
    <meta name="twitter:player:height" content="196">
    <!-- /JM Twitter Cards -->

    I’d welcome any further direction you can provide on how to get my Player Card to work with Android. Thanks so much for creating this plugin. It’s great!

    Thread Starter jpl980

    (@jpl980)

    I managed to figure this out.

    I modified the following code in the style.css:

    .portfolio-overlay h3 { background: #000; color: #fff; }

    Thread Starter jpl980

    (@jpl980)

    Jenny,

    You are a genius! I followed step #2, and it worked exactly as I hoped. FIXED! You helped me solve two issues I’ve been wrestling with for the past 24 hours with no progress, and in your notes here, you’ve 100% fixed my issues. Thank you so much for your help. I really appreciate it.

    Thread Starter jpl980

    (@jpl980)

    Okay, I’ve implemented the HTML5 version with the code above in the theme-setup.php file. The site is now live with this rendering.

    What you’re describing with the p tag locking up the caption tag seems to be what’s happening. They seem to have the same font treatment, and for some reason, I can’t seem to control them individually anymore as I could pre WordPress 3.9/HTML5. Perhaps 3.9 doesn’t allow this control?

    Thanks so much for all your help.

    Thread Starter jpl980

    (@jpl980)

    Sure. Here are two:
    http://ilumity.com/media/press/
    http://ilumity.com/services/speaking/

    Before adding the HTML5 theme support, the caption text appeared like what you see right now, which I like. However, if I update it to the HTML5 version (making live the modifications you suggested above), the caption text seems to be really large, and if I try to adjust in style.css, there’s no affect on the caption text size. I am, however, able to control the padding. Just seems the text size is locked. Not sure if this is forced by the HTML5 WP 3.9 formatting?

    Feel free to let me know if you want me to also let you see the version w/HTML5 active, and I can upload that version of the php file to make my site live under that condition. Thank you so much!

    Thread Starter jpl980

    (@jpl980)

    JennyB,

    All makes sense. I’ve edited the theme-setup.php file in that folder path, so I put it there, and everything seems to be working. Thank you so much!

    On a somewhat related note, once I do add HTML support into my theme, the only issue I now have is that I seem to lose control of caption text, which seems to default to the text treatment of my body paragraph text. In the past, I was able to modify my style.css file to adjust caption font sizes, line height, etc, but now with the new HTML5 active, I can’t seem to modify the caption text styling. Do you know how I can regain control of how caption text looks in WP 3.9? I noticed WordPress discussed how 3.9 captions changed here: <a

    As reference, I’ve pasted that portion of my style.css sheet here.

    /*captions*/
    .wp-caption { border: 1px solid #c6c6c6; text-align: center; background-color: #f3f3f3; padding-top: 4px; margin: 10px; -moz-border-radius: 3px; -khtml-border-radius: 3px; -webkit-border-radius: 3px; border-radius: 3px; }
    .wp-caption img { margin: 0; padding: 0; border: 0 none; }
    .wp-caption p.wp-caption-text { font-size: 11px; line-height: 15px; padding: 0 4px 5px; margin: 0; }

    I can also post this as a separate discussion if more appropriate. Thank you for your help!

    Thread Starter jpl980

    (@jpl980)

    JennyB, thanks so much for your quick response. So, to clarify, would I:
    1) copy & paste this entire code into the functions.php file? Can I also just copy & paste in the specific functionality I want a la carte, or does that break the code?
    2) replace the word “example” with the name of my theme? (do you know how I can find the name of my theme in the correct syntax?)

    Finally, does this need to go anywhere in particular in my functions.php file?

    For reference, I’ve attached my functions.php code here. Thank you so much!

    <?php
    /**
     * Adapt functions and definitions.
     *
     * Sets up the theme and provides some helper functions
     *
     * When using a child theme (see http://codex.wordpress.org/Theme_Development
     * and http://codex.wordpress.org/Child_Themes), you can override certain
     * functions (those wrapped in a function_exists() call) by defining them first
     * in your child theme's functions.php file. The child theme's functions.php
     * file is included before the parent theme's file, so the child theme
     * functions would be used.
     *
     *
     * For more information on hooks, actions, and filters,
     * see http://codex.wordpress.org/Plugin_API
     *
     * @package WordPress
     * @subpackage Adapt
     * @since Adapt 2.0
     */
    
    /*--------------------------------------*/
    /* Define Constants
    /*--------------------------------------*/
    define( 'WPEX_JS_DIR', get_template_directory_uri().'/js' );
    define( 'WPEX_CSS_DIR', get_template_directory_uri().'/css' );
    
    /*--------------------------------------*/
    /* Globals
    /*--------------------------------------*/
    if ( ! isset( $content_width ) ) $content_width = 980;
    require_once( get_template_directory() .'/functions/theme-setup.php');
    
    /*--------------------------------------*/
    /* Admin Panel
    /*--------------------------------------*/
    require_once ( get_template_directory() .'/admin/index.php' );
    require_once( get_template_directory() .'/functions/return-smof-data.php' );
    
    /*--------------------------------------*/
    /* Include functions
    /*--------------------------------------*/
    require_once( get_template_directory() .'/functions/widgets/widget-areas.php' );
    require_once ( get_template_directory() .'/functions/helpers.php' );
    
    if ( wpex_get_data( 'portfolio_post_type' , '1' ) == '1' ) {
    	require_once( get_template_directory() .'/functions/post-types-taxonomies/register-portfolio.php' );
    	require_once( get_template_directory() .'/functions/helpers.php' );
    }
    if ( wpex_get_data( 'highlights_post_type' , '1' ) == '1' ) {
    	require_once( get_template_directory() .'/functions/post-types-taxonomies/register-highlights.php' );
    }
    if ( wpex_get_data( 'slides_post_type' , '1' ) == '1' ) {
    	require_once( get_template_directory() .'/functions/post-types-taxonomies/register-slides.php' );
    }
    
    require_once( get_template_directory() .'/functions/post-types-taxonomies/taxonomies-labels.php' );
    require_once( get_template_directory() .'/functions/post-types-taxonomies/post-type-labels.php' );
    
    if( is_admin() ) {
    	require_once ( get_template_directory() .'/functions/meta/usage.php' );
    } else {
    	require_once( get_template_directory() .'/functions/scripts.php' );
    	require_once( get_template_directory() .'/functions/excerpts.php' );
    	require_once( get_template_directory() .'/functions/posts-per-page.php' );
    	require_once( get_template_directory() .'/functions/external-plugins-support.php' );
    	require_once( get_template_directory() .'/functions/comments-callback.php');
    	require_once( get_template_directory() .'/functions/image-default-sizes.php');
    	require_once( get_template_directory() .'/functions/pagination.php');
    	require_once( get_template_directory() .'/functions/aqua-resizer.php');
    
    	if ( wpex_get_data ( 'builtin_retina', '0' ) == '1' ) {
    		require_once( get_template_directory() .'/functions/aqua-resizer-ratio-check.php');
    	}
    
    }
Viewing 8 replies - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)