Forum Replies Created

Viewing 9 replies - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Thread Starter jhanjon

    (@jhanjon)

    It’s working now, just changed the MX priority of the host with the contact form, and it seems to all be fine. Basically, the host with the wordpress is sending via the plugin, and the response email is sent by the godaddy email server.

    Thread Starter jhanjon

    (@jhanjon)

    Wow it works, curious though, the anchor I’m using is #FSContact1, why would I need #FSContact3? Do you have something coded with takes into account that number? In other words, no matter what my anchor says, it should state #FSContact3?

    Thread Starter jhanjon

    (@jhanjon)

    That’s awesome, just one thing though, I’m using an anchor for the form like this:
    http://metroswim.org/contact-us/#FSContact1?mailto_id=1 or
    http://metroswim.org/contact-us/##FSContact1?mailto_id=1

    It’s not working, any tip on using an anchor on that page?

    Thread Starter jhanjon

    (@jhanjon)

    The trick which worked for me was to use ip4 numbers in lieu of the names of the servers. In my case I only needed the ip number of the sending host where I have the site hosted.

    In other words, the form utilizes PHP via my host, so I created an MX record for the host name subomain.hostdomain.com and then created a txt file with the ip like this: ip4:111.222.333.4 ip4:444.555.666.5 for the various sending hosts listed as MX in the domain record of the site using the form mailer plugin.

    So there’s the host, hosting the site, both listed as an ip4 and an mx in the dns. It is the ip4 number which is required for the TXT record because it is not possible to create an A record for a separate domain, but it is possible to list its ip number in TXT.

    Again, this is a scenario whereby there is no MX handling the site using the plugin, or none which has an A record in the zone file of that site, which may be many cases.

    If this all makes sense, it may help others in getting an SPF check passed.

    Joe

    Thread Starter jhanjon

    (@jhanjon)

    I thought this may be useful:

    Delivered-To: <me>@gmail.com

    Return-Path: <apache@my.domain.com>
    Received: from my.domain.com ([IPv6])by mx.google.com with ESMTP id fs9si2193289qcb.48.2014.09.19.08.53.52 for <me>@gmail.com>;

    Received-SPF: none (google.com: apache@my.domain.com does not designate permitted sender hosts) client-ip=v6;
    Authentication-Results: mx.google.com;

    spf=neutral (google.com: apache@my.domain.com does not designate permitted sender hosts) smtp.mail=apache@my.domain.com

    Received: by my.domain.com (Postfix, from userid 48)
    id C3F16C458; Fri, 19 Sep 2014 11:53:52 -0400 (EDT)

    To: <me>@gmail.com

    X-PHP-Originating-Script: 516:class-phpmailer.php

    From: Fast Secure Contact Form <info@example.org>
    Message-ID: <8133cb54ab9fa8be5432435af83a2dd0@metroswim.org>
    X-Priority: 3
    X-Mailer: PHPMailer 5.2.4 (http://code.google.com/a/apache-extras.org/p/phpmailer/)

    Reply-To: me@gmail.com

    X-Sender: info@example.org
    MIME-Version: 1.0
    Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
    Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8

    This is a test email generated by the Fast Secure Contact Form
    WordPress plugin.

    Thread Starter jhanjon

    (@jhanjon)

    Hi Mike, thanks so much

    If I understand this correctly, I cannot have the form send emails to the various directors of this non profit group to their personal email addresses? We don’t have a separate email server for that organization hence no separate accounts in that domain. We have 2 or 3 accounts via GoDaddy free email accounts, that’s it.

    If this understanding is correct then this form is not useful to me, it’s only useful to a company with its own email service.

    Can you clarify this?

    Joe

    Thread Starter jhanjon

    (@jhanjon)

    Thanks Tobias, yes, the results and the swim meets are calendar based and need to be sorted by date. By real date I mean the date as represented by the server clock based on its time zone, whether “time” “date” “now”. In PHP this date can be formatted to display a variety of formats.

    The JS library may be sufficient since it’s the sorting I need but having access to the server date may allow a filtering of showing events from “now” meaning upcoming events.

    In any case if there’s a tutorial or some sample with code exposed which will allow me to figure it out easily would be appreciated.

    Joe

    Is there a way to enter the date for the sorting purposes, but, to display a fuller version such as Monday, July 30, 2011?

    Thread Starter jhanjon

    (@jhanjon)

    Thanks Takayuki, looks like I overlooked or just didn’t understand the mail2 part.

    Joe

Viewing 9 replies - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)