hughc
Forum Replies Created
-
I’ve created a minimalist fork over at GitHub to show what this could look like, plus a matching client plugin to post to Slack.
https://github.com/hughc/wordfence-with-notifications
I’m not right up on GitHub manners, should I create an issue / pull request to open a discussion over there? Unsure.
A Slack ‘client’ plugin is here:
https://github.com/hughc/wordfence-slack-notificationsForum: Themes and Templates
In reply to: [Sketch] Sketch theme suddenly appearing in my themes folderHi,
this happened to me as part of a hack; I deleted the theme, it returned 24hrs later.After installing Wordfence, I noted that an admin user (user #1) logged in outside of hours and re-uploaded it. I deleted the account in question (a password change would probably have sufficed.
I would not expect the uploaded theme to be the only symptom – I had changed files in the active theme too.
True ‘ghost referrers’ are ones that hit GA directly, using your analytics ID, bypassing visiting your site completely – this plugin cannot prevent this. I think using the word ‘ghost’ in the title is misleading, as although it can deal with referral spam that does call WordPress, it can’t deal with spammers who target GA directly – you must use filters at GA to remove them from your analytics reports.
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: [Expanding Archives] dummy links -> SEO 404sSorry I didn’t get back to you on this, the new version (1.0.3) works fine; thanks for the fix.
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: [Expanding Archives] dummy links -> SEO 404sYeah, as they 404’ed I assumed they didn’t exist, but it turns out my permalink structure is different to the flat one the plugin is assuming; all the blog posts live under /news/ , so archives are in
/news/2011/10 etcie http://accsr.com.au/news/2011/04/
This is a setup I inherited. For now, I’ve hardcoded the extra path element.
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: [WP Instagram Widget] Feed not updatingHi Scott,
just to concur, this same issue affected one of my sites – owner pointed out no updates for 5 weeks. I fixed it by deleting the 3 transients that had ‘insta’ in their titles that I found. All 3 had an expiry of ‘never’. After refreshing the page, and getting fresh images, I’ve got a single transient, with an expiry of 2 hrs, called instagram-media-5-onedayinmay_melissa_grantsite is here:
http://onedayinmay.com.au/ (feed in footer)
IG account is onedayinmay_melissa_grantOnly unknown that I can think of, is that the site was deployed from a staging URL, and this might have coincided with the freeze in the feed. Transients, stored in wp_options, might have been migrated.
Thank you for a great, easily styled plugin.
cheers
HughThe clones are within a network (ie they are multisite subsites).
ie main site is example.com
subsites are xyz.example.com , abc.example.com etcWordfence is installed and network-activated, so it appears in the Network admin plugins, but not in the subsites’ plugin lists.
Is installing it individually for each network site required, in order for it to protect them?
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: [Simple Directory] Foundation CSSThanks for the update, but simply disabling Foundation didn’t fix things for me, as the class names on elements were still in conflict with the base style names I’m using… for example a ‘row’ is a different thing in Bootstrap vs Foundation.
If you could create a foundation stylesheet that defined its rules scoped to just the elements that you wanted, that might be useful (ie predicated with some selectors that target just the elements you are drawing):
in less / sass terms:
body.post-type-archive-listing, body.single-listing { // foundation styles go here }Alternatively, use foundation classes as mixins and use custom style names, namespaced to your plugin, ie
sd-row, sd-medium-3 etc
http://foundation.zurb.com/docs/using-sass.html
This would target your CSS and provide certainty in terms of how things render; it would also negate the need for users to disable the Foundation sheet.
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: [Simple Directory] Foundation CSSJust realised that although you have an admin option for disabling Foundation, it doesn’t seem to do anything.
When enqueuing styles:
$use_foundation = $directory_settings['simple_directory_disable_foundation'] == 'no'; if ($use_foundation) { wp_register_style( 'simple-directory-foundation', plugins_url('simple-directory/css/foundation.css', dirname(__FILE__)), false, false ); wp_enqueue_style( 'simple-directory-foundation' ); }Forum: Plugins
In reply to: [Simple Directory] Foundation CSSok, so i found the option to disable it, all good. But removing the sheet doesn’t remove the conflicted classes off elements, so I’m still left to override your templates to get things to display cleanly. Suggest that you do a woo-commerce-esque check for overridden templates before using the included ones, ie:
add_filter( 'template_include', 'simple_dir_load_templates' ); function simple_dir_load_templates( $template ) { if ( 'listing' === get_post_type() && is_single() ) { $overrideTemplate = get_stylesheet_directory() . '/simple-directory/single-listing.php'; if (file_exists($overrideTemplate)) { return $overrideTemplate; } else { return dirname( __FILE__ ) . '/templates/single-listing.php'; } } if ( 'listing' === get_post_type() && is_archive()){ $overrideTemplate = get_stylesheet_directory() . '/simple-directory/archive-listing.php'; if (file_exists($overrideTemplate)) { return $overrideTemplate; } else { return dirname(__FILE__) . '/templates/archive-listing.php'; } } return $template; }That’s a bit rough (only checks child dir) but you get the idea.
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: [W3 Total Cache] Import external media library attachments broke all linksSorry to re-animate this dead thread, but 2 things that I experienced that could cause this.
In my install, for some reason, there was nothing in the CDN config field for “File types to import:” (under Performance > CDN > Advanced).
Having nothing in this field did not result in nothing being imported, it resulted in everything being imported. Ouch.
Stopped this after a few minutes of reading the import log and watching my uploads folders being populated with all sorts of dross. Restored from backup, tried again.
Put the following in the “File types to import:” box:
*.gif;*.jpg;*.png;
Note, the trailing semi-colon. Started the import and my site got spanked all over gain, importing everything, relevant or not. Looks like a string split on ; is done, and the trailing semi-colon returns a blank for the last element, which once again results in a wildcard ‘import everything’.
Suggestion to dev – if one of the filters entered in here is a blank, not an explicit * wildcard, don’t use it! This would at least fail on the side of caution, as opposed to the current greedy match when no value is supplied. Given the catastrophic consequences of an incorrect import of simple external a tags, some caution is required, no?
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: [Feed Pull] Can't get data to pullThe xpath appears to be wrong, the root element is ignored when formulating the expression, so in this case where the root is <channel> the correct xpath would be just ‘item’
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: [Feed Pull] need to setting instructionssorry to double-post, but you did start 2 threads:
in formulating the xpath, the root element can be ignored. so, for your feed,
XPath to Posts: job
Was just about to roll my sleeves up for some debugging, but instead just read the docs for the PHP SimpleXMLElement::xpath function
http://www.php.net/manual/en/simplexmlelement.xpath.php#94917
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: [Feed Pull] I could not get this to workin formulating the xpath, the root element can be ignored. so, for your feed,
XPath to Posts: job
Was just about to roll my sleeves up for some debugging, but instead just read the docs for the PHP SimpleXMLElement::xpath function
http://www.php.net/manual/en/simplexmlelement.xpath.php#94917
Amen to this!
how about a couple of ternery operators to trap for all these unset vars, instead of undefined values ending up in the templated text in $mediahtml ? For example:
$poster_attribute = ($poster) ? 'poster="'.htmlspecialchars($poster).'"' : ''; $preload_attribute = ($preload) ? 'preload="'.$preload.'"' : ''; $autoplay_attribute = ($autoplay) ? 'autoplay="'.$autoplay.'"' : ''; $loop_option = ($loop) ? ', loop: ' . $loop : '';Also, unsure why line 437, the plugin uses $mediahtml.= , which warns that it has never been previously defined. would $mediahtml= suffice?
a little bit of WP_DEBUG goes a long way; using PHP 5.4.