also, as drmike suggests – check with your host to see if they have SSL support compiled into their install of PHP. You’ll probably run into trouble if WordPress cannot establish a secure connection.
This doesn’t sound like a WordPress error, so reinstalling WP isn’t going to help. Which browser are you using? Which OS? Are you sure javascript and cookies are enabled?
So would I. I know Justin of Justinsomnia wrote a import haloscan comments script, but I have seen no instructions on how to hook it up with the new Blogger importer that is included with WordPress 2.2.
I’ve also tested the new Blogger importer and was not pleased to find that the new importer handles permalinks differently after they imported. (Meaning, if you have a custom domain, i.e. http://www.mysite.com/blog, and you move from Blogger to WordPress, many of your URLs will change). The old importer had this problem too but there was a fix written for it.
I have a new Blogger blog I’d like to move, but I can’t do it until these issues are resolved.