I ran an update on the NextGen Gallery plugin from 1.8.3 to the latest (1.9.7), and after updating the database it isn't showing any images or galleries in the Overview. The files are still there, and the tables ngg_galleries etc are all there with all the data, but it doesn't appear to be picking them up in the backend. All the galleries are then also not showing on the frontend. I tried rolling back to the previous version, but the changes it tried to make to the database must have altered something because it still isn't working.
I can restore from a backup, but it would be nice if I didn't have to do that as it's quite a large site and everything is there - it just isn't matching up!