MimeTypes Link Icons
[resolved] Async replacement causing JQuery problems (7 posts)

  1. John Percival
    Posted 3 years ago #


    I've discovered that using a hidden class secretly enables asynchronous mode. I think that should be flagged up explicitly in the settings page.

    Also, I've discovered that the non-async mode doesn't work when the link contains an image:
    (the large image is linked to a PDF, and the page doesn't render right with the mime icon, perhaps because the CSS sets the height to 16px?)

    But my main problem is that the async JS is causing a clash with another dynamic element on my page here:
    The [show search options] button will not work properly when async replacement is turned on. I'm not good enough with JS or Jquery to be able to analyse the problem. Can you help please?


  2. eagerterrier
    Plugin Author

    Posted 3 years ago #


    Sorry about your troubles. Let me take a look.

  3. John Percival
    Posted 3 years ago #

    Thanks, I look forward to hearing from you.

  4. jrf
    Plugin Contributor

    Posted 2 years ago #

    @John Percival, the new version v3 will probably fix all this. If you agree, please mark the topic resolved.
    If not, please provide us with some more detail/examples.

    Thanks, Juliette

  5. John Percival
    Posted 2 years ago #

    @jrf, since I got no response here, I changed the other plugin so that it worked with yours. The new v3 still works, so I am happy to mark this as resolved. Proof that if you ignore problems, sometimes they will go away!!

  6. jrf
    Plugin Contributor

    Posted 2 years ago #

    Sorry about that, didn't mean to ignore it and I'm glad to hear you managed to find a solution.

  7. John Percival
    Posted 2 years ago #


Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Plugin

  • MimeTypes Link Icons
  • Frequently Asked Questions
  • Support Threads
  • Reviews

About this Topic


No tags yet.