• I just downloaded the new WordPress, I installed it on one of my blogs and all went well. THen I did it on my very important blog, and all went kaflooey. I uploaded all the files, and then went to the upgrade page (http://blog.collectedsounds.com/wp-admin/upgrade.php) it said to click Continue to upgrade, which I did, then it said again to click Continue and I did and I got the 500 Server Error message. I can’t get to any portion of the blog.
    I have already tried deleting all the plug ins from my server and that did nothing.
    Help!!!

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Did you deactivate the plugins before doing the upgrade?

Thread Starter ecalos

(@ecalos)

I sent a support ticket to my mucho fabulous web host and they fixed it. Here’s what htey said:

The upgrade script of WordPress has appended some lines to your .htaccess file and interfered with the correct syntax of the last rewrite directive that you have there.

We have simply added an extra line to separate your original .htaccess contents from the two commented lines added by the WordPress upgrade script.

Everything is working fine now.

–aren’t they great?! I thought I’d post this in case anyone else has the same issue.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘500 Server Error’ is closed to new replies.