WordPress.org

Forums

Path
3 Column Layout (9 posts)

1. jmcypra
    Posted 2 years ago #

Hi,

Great theme, I like it ! I have a problem. I have change to 3 column layout in theme options but there is only 2 showing. Tried to put some widget in the 2 sidebars but they end up in the same one.

I don't know, is it normal ?

2. Sami Keijonen
    WordPress-asiantuntija
    Theme Author

Posted 2 years ago #

When you have widgets in primary and secondary sidebar, 3 column layout is working.

3. jmcypra
    Posted 2 years ago #

Thanks for you answer.

You're so right ! It's working.

I'm sorry, thing is that for some reason in my laptop at home on firefox on Linux it's not for some weird reason. I will check and tell you if anything. There is no cache. I'll clear cookies and test !

Guess I lost time trying to fix something that did work !

4. HELK
    Posted 2 years ago #

Hi Sami

Really a great piece of clean and functional blog. Thank you!

My question:

When I choose 3 columns left on the front page, I only get to see posts in the first 2 columns and the sidebar in the third column. How can I extend posts to show in the 3rd column too?

Also for the "more articles" at the end of the page, only 2 columns are showing posts and the 3rd is empty.

Thanks in advace.

5. Sami Keijonen
    WordPress-asiantuntija
    Theme Author

Posted 2 years ago #

Can you link to your site, I'm not sure I understand.

6. HELK
    Posted 2 years ago #

Hi Sami

Am sorry I was not clear to communicate my problem. I have the site in BitNami testing.

I use "three columns, left" from the "Layout" in the "Customize" menu.

The behavior I would expect/want with "three columns, left" is that 3 columns to the left get filled with post in grid form and a forth column with sidebar.

However, on the front page, I only see 2 columns of posts in grid form, a 3rd column for the sidebar and the 4th is empty. I don't know why the 3rd column does not get filled with posts?

7. Sami Keijonen
    WordPress-asiantuntija
    Theme Author

Posted 2 years ago #

I still need that link:) I don't want to start guessing. But anyways three columns, left means content on the left, primary sidebar in the center and secondary sidebar on the right.

8. HELK
    Posted 2 years ago #

Thank you for your explanation.

Oh so It's not possible to use three columns of content on the left and sidebar to the right?

9. Sami Keijonen
    WordPress-asiantuntija
    Theme Author

Posted 2 years ago #

Oh so It's not possible to use three columns of content on the left and sidebar to the right?

Everything is possible but global layout is meant to work as I described.

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Theme

About this Topic