The Zolton.org Social Plugin (ZOSP) is a simple plugin for WordPress that
integrates a blog with popular social networking sites such as Facebook and
Twitter. I wrote this plugin to learn WordPress plugin development, and as a
means to decouple these social networking features from my desired WordPress
- Generates Facebook Open Graph tags for posts and pages.
- Includes the Facebook Like Button and Send Button on posts and pages.
- Imports the featured image / post thumbnail (if available) from a post or
page for use as the featured image on Facebook.
- Generates a Facebook Comment section for posts and pages.
- Includes the Twitter Tweet Button on posts and pages.
- Includes the Google +1 Button on posts and pages.
- Includes the Pinterest Pin It Button on posts and pages.
- Optionally hides WordPress comments.
- Configurable via WordPress setting page.
- A Facebook App ID.
- A Twitter account.
- WordPress theme supporting featured images / post thumbnails.
- “Leave a Comment” link is still visible when WordPress comments are disabled.
- Facebook Comments display the error “Warning: http://somesite.com/somepage/ is unreachable”.
Try using Facebook’s URL Linter
to see if the URL for the page in question generates any errors.
- The Pinterest Pin It button does not display despite the fact that it is configured to do so.
The Pinterest Pin It button requires that the post or page include a featured image. Check your
post or page to ensure that a featured image is set.
- Modified for use with the Twenty Fourteen theme.
If you are using Twenty Fourteen, set your Facebook comment width to 474.
- Updated social plugins to latest SDKs (where available).
- Modified alignment of social buttons.
- Tested with WordPress 3.9.1.
- Updated social plugins to HTML5 compatible versions (where available).
- Modified the alignment of social plugin buttons.
- Tested with WordPress 3.7.1.
- Tested with WordPress 3.3.2.
- Added support for the Pinterest Pin It Button.
- Fixed a conflict with the social button class and select WordPress themes.
- Added a settings page. Editing the plugin source is no longer required.
- Added support for the Google +1 Button.
- Tested with WordPress 3.2.
- Tested with the Twenty Eleven theme and the Twenty Ten theme.
- Resolved an issue with the Facebook Send button not displaying correctly.
- Added the option to specify the width of the Facebook Comment field. Twenty Eleven
theme users may be interested in this.
- Added a general purpose style sheet called zosp-style.css. Override these selectors
to customize various elements of the plugin.
- Social buttons no longer appear on posts and pages that have comments
- Added the option to include the Facebook Send button along with the Facebook
- Added an option to hide the WordPress comments form.
- Updated plugin to include generic usernames and IDs.
- Initial release.