This plugin adds the portfolio custom post type to your WordPress blog. By default, the plugin will append portfolio meta information (client, date, and project URL) to the portfolio post. It will prepend media elements (gallery, audio and video media) to portfolio posts.
Creating Themes for this Plugin
There are several handy bits that you can use within your theme:
1. By default, the portfolio posts are displayed in the portfolio archive. However, you may want to create a custom page template that will display your portfolio posts. As such, you’ll need to disable the archives. In your theme’s function file, use the following code:
<?php if( !defined('TZP_DISABLE_ARCHIVE') ) define('TZP_DISABLE_ARCHIVE', TRUE); ?>
This will enable child themes to enable the portfolio archives if desired.
2. Set custom slugs for ‘portfolio’ and ‘portfolio-type’ by defining constants for:
TZP_TAX_SLUG. After defining the constants, save the Permalink Settings. Also, define the constants as above to allow a child theme to customize the slugs.
3. There are several actions and filters available for adding additional custom fields to the existings metaboxes. Have a look through metaboxes.php to see how these all play together.
4. To prevent the media and meta from being added to the_content(), remove these filters:
5. To update the image size used for galleries add a filter to ‘tzp_set_gallery_image_size’. Pass the string name or an array of the image size to be used.
Complete List of Constants and Actions/Filters
TZP_DISABLE_CSSset to true to prevent plugin from loading basic CSS
TZP_PORTFOLIO_ORDERdefault is ‘ASC’
TZP_PORTFOLIO_ORDERBYdefault is ‘menu_order’
TZP_DISABLE_ARCHIVEdefault is false
TZP_SLUGdefault is ‘portfolio’
TZP_DISABLE_MEDIAELEMENT_STYLEprevent the plugin from loading the default mediaelement stylesheet
tzp_portfolio_settings_meta_box_fieldsadd meta fields to the settings section
tzp_portfolio_gallery_meta_box_fieldsadd meta fields to the gallery section
tzp_portfolio_audio_meta_box_fieldsadd meta fields to the audio section
tzp_portfolio_video_meta_box_fieldsadd meta fields to the video section
Actions added in plugin that you may want to remove
tzp_metabox_fields_saveadd fields to be saved (use url, html, checkbox, or images for sanitization)
tzp_gallery_classesclass added to gallery; default is tzp-portfolio-gallery
tzp_set_gallery_image_sizedefault image size is ‘full’
Filters applied in plugin that you may want to remove
Just install and activate
Simply and carefully. All that may be necessary, but not overloaded. Great!
Went from the older Themezilla Scope theme with a built in portfolio to a new theme and this plugin retained the portfolio content. Thanks!
Contributors & Developers
“Zilla Portfolio” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Initial release