ZdMultiLang is a wordpress plugin allowing you to blog in multiple languages.
Here is a list of functions :
- Translate posts ang pages
- Translate categories and tags
- Switch blog language
- Widget to change currently viewed language
See Official FAQ
- I would like to have separated comments for each language.
In order to have comments tracked separatly for each language, you will have to change your comments.php template file like this:
action=”<?php echo get_option(‘siteurl’); ?>/wp-comments-post.php”
action=”<?php echo get_option(‘siteurl’); ?>/wp-comments-post.php?lang=<?php echo zd_multilang_get_locale(); ?>”
- The most expected feature is now working. You can have static pages as a frontpage !
- Updated a bug with translation icon in the page while the page has never been saved
- Added options to hide the flag in the widget
- function zd_multilang_menu now takes two paramaters : zd_multilang_menu (show_language_name, show_language_flag) by default these are true
- Added an option to display original post while translating
- Added a donate button if you want to support development of the plugin
- Added an option to select who can translate things
- Added an option to keep comments separated – work by Pau Sanchez
- Added an autosave feature, can be enabled/disabled from the option page. It will autosave every 5 minutes unless the status is published
- Update for WordPress 2.8 : Media Upload fix + Save button fix
- Updated a variable used to make translations, a bug prevented to translate posts/pages. This has been corrected.
- Completely redesigned the editor page
- Added import from google feature
- Won’t display flags for current language
- Added draft feature for translations
- Added term descriptions
- Added link descriptions and translations, Blog name, Blog description
- Better definition of Languages
- Compatible with WordPress 2.7
- Added the media bar in the html editor
- Found the reason why the editor didn’t work : csforms2 is breaking the tiny_mce editor, to fix it, just disable the WP Editor Button support in your general settings.
- Added the possibility to switch default languages (meaning: exchange original posts/tags/cats with translated ones)
- Added translate links directly into the manage pages & into the Media zone of page/posts edition
- Added an option to generate permalinks for default language (ex-default behavior was always yes)
- Changed default character set as UTF-8
- Added an option to add “Translate with Google Translate” to untranslated posts
- Added an option to hide untranslated posts if they exists (ex-default : show all posts)
- Updated all database queries, reduced the numbers of queries executed per page (about 200 queries less) via caching methods. The plugin should now require something like 9 queries per page (which is huge i Know, but to translate a blog, this is “necessary”).