Youtuber lets you embed YouTube videos in your posts very easily, and offers a few benefits over simply copying in YouTube’s embed code.
- Use simple ‘tags’ to place videos. This keeps your posts nice and tidy.
- The plugin will replace the tags with valid XHTML code (unlike YouTube’s default code).
- Set the width and height of the videos once for all that are embedded in your blog (this can be used to make them fit in themes with a small content column, or be used to enlarge them). You can adust this if you switch theme.
- If YouTube ever decides to alter their embed code, there will be no need for you to go through all your posts and update the code. Simply update this plugin and have the new code for all your movies.
Youtuber has been translated to french by the InMotion Hosting Team. Thanks for your time guys!
Youtuber is very lightweight and should work with pretty much every version of WordPress (tested on 1.5 and higher).
- Version 1.8.2: Solving bug with high quality option.
- Version 1.8.1: Allowing fullscreen with iframe.
- Version 1.8: Added possibility to autoscale video.
- Version 1.7: Added new Shortcode
- Version 1.6: Solved problem with the excerpt. Checked for WP 3.1
- Version 1.5.11: Modified TinyMCE call to solve bugs with wp-cache.
- Version 1.5.10: Solved bug with feeds when displaying Youtube videos.
- Version 1.5.9: Solved configuration rights bug.
- Version 1.5.8: Solved minor bugs.
- Version 1.5.7: solved bug with deactivation – uninstall process.
- Version 1.5.6: added multiplier sign solution in youtube-id tag.
- Version 1.5.5: solved a bug with WP that puts a multiplier sign instead an x when inbetween numbers (5×6, 7×3). Changes in regexp rules for Youtube tag.
- Version 1.5.4: solved a bug with update function.
- Version 1.5.3: Solved a bug with googlevideo tags.
- Version 1.5.2: Error in trunk
- Version 1.5 First release with suport to Vimeo, Google Video, spanish translation and a new button in the editor (thanks Sebaxtian).
- Version 1.4 Adds support for YouTube’s high quality mode (thanks Igor).
- Version 1.3.1 fixes an issue where the options page would not post to the correct url.
- Version 1.3 was the first to be hosted on WordPress.org, and released under GPL.
- Version 1.2 adds better default values, case insensitive tags, and fixes an issue with WPMU.
- Version 1.1 adds a basic options panel.
- Version 1.0 was the initial release.
- Download the zip file and extract the contents.
- Upload the ‘youtuber’ folder to your plugins directory (wp-content/plugins/).
- Activate the plugin through the ‘plugins’ page in WP.
- See ‘Settings->Youtuber’ to adjust the display size.
Using Youtuber to embed videos
- Find the video on YouTube, Vimeo o Google Video.
- Extract the ID fromthe video page url. These look something like: http://youtube.com/watch?v=Krhl2o_uwdc. The bit I put in bold type is the ID.
- Type anywhere in your post. User [viemo] o [googlevideo] if the video is from other source.
- Save and publish the post.
- Why is this plugin better than other YouTube plugins?
It’s not. Most other plugins have more features. Youtuber’s main strength is that it’s very simple to use and very low on resources. If you need none of the features that the competition offers, this plugin just might be ideal for you.