You get 100 views by default. To increase your call limit, contact Yelp and ask for a higher limit using the handy textbox where you manage your Yelp API key. See ‘Installation’ for more details. I do not control this, Yelp does.
So you’re talking about some cafe or restaurant and you wish you could display a small box that contains a fresh Yelp rating for it. Well now you can. This plugin installs a shortcode. By default, you can set the
location and it will spit out the first business result from that search. Or, you can set the
limit to higher than 1 and it will spit out more. Or, you can set the
id to and enter the Yelp
id for a business to only get that business (see Business method under Parameters below).
All parameters are optional. There are two methods, Business and Search. Use Business if you know the ID of the business you want to show. See below for more details.
alignaccepts left, right, center, or nothing. If you don’t define align, it will just be a block element. You can configure all this stuff in the CSS or your own CSS.
id(required) is the ID of the business. It is the last part of the Yelp URL of its Yelp page. Ex:
http://www.yelp.com/biz/the-waterboy-sacramento, the id is
the-waterboy-sacramento. This is the only parameter you need to set to use this method.
termis the search term that you would use if you were just entering it in a Yelp search. Default is “Four Barrel”, but might change.
location(required) is the location part of the search, exactly like when you use Yelp at yelp.com. Default is “San Francisco”, but might change.
limitis the number of businesses that Yelp will return. Default is 1.
sortis the Yelp sorting method, 0 (default) is Best Match, 1 is Distance, and 2 is Highest Rated.
- Fix broken yelp logo image, now included in plugin
- Add check for OAuthException class again. If you are getting errors about that, this should fix it.
- Remove debug code… so sorry, I’m a terrible person
- Added much requested option to set the Yelp links to open in a new window. Use with caution, users may not want this.
- Expanded conditional check to wrap the inclusion of the entire OAuth lib. If you are getting OAuth conflicts, this should resolve that.
- Added conditional check for OAuthException class creation so it doesn’t conflict with others.
- Bugfix for Yelp API change that is stricter about using a value for “sort” if using a search term.
methodparameter, it will automatically use the correct method depending on whether you set the ID or the term/location. If you set the ID, it will use the Business method and ignore the term/location/limit.
- Set box-shadow to 0 for img tags in the Yelp profiles. This is a common theme style for images, but might not work since some themes use IDs to target them.
- Now not completely effing broken for some people
- Re-wrote settings to use a single array of settings instead of individual ones.
- Let WordPress handle the saving of settings, two people reported their settings were disappearing. That shouldn’t happen now. If it does, I can’t help you.
- Added legacy support for old settings if they were already working for you, migrates them to new format.
- Added activation and uninstall hooks
- Added support for Yelp’s new business search, adds the ability to get a listing by business ID.
- Added support for multiple results and sorting.
- Better error handling
Created. Limited to one business output. Only accepts term, location, and the ability to align the box.