Yelp has become indispensable for anyone that owns a business (regardless if you have a website or not). The Yelp Bar is a very easy & non-intrusive plug-in that shows the Yelp Ratings & Reviews for your business at the top of the page (same as HelloBar, doesn’t stick). It provides your business with credibility, as visitors are quickly reassured through the rating & reviews provided by other users.
- See it in action on our Pubforce Theme.
- Works on any Theme without any customization.
- Provides your website with instant credibility.
- Conforms to strict Yelp display requirements.
- Adds 2 queries when active.
- API is only called every 12 hours (unless settings page is accessed, in which case the data is refreshed).
- Settings & Transient API are used to store data.
Other interesting stuff:
- Can I run this plugin on any theme?
Yes, this sits at the top of a theme independently regardless of color or texture. The red border was also added in case of a white background. This helps give the bar its own individual look.
- Is it easy to setup?
By all means, all you need to do is sign-up for a Yelp API key (from the link provided within the settings) and enter the phone number of your business.
- The Yelp Bar is activated but not showing up?
Please make sure you’ve emptied your cache if you’re using any sort of caching tool.
- Why aren’t there any styling settings?
Whilst you can always edit the plug-in code & related files, Yelp has a strict display code which this plugin abides by. Out of respect for these API conditions, I’ve not created any detailed customization settings.
Plugin is good but I wanted to improve this. Can I handover this plugin?
This plugin is fantastic. it really helps with conversions. However, It no longer works with the changes in Yelp's API. Not sure if the authors plan to update the plugin or not?
- Tested for 3.4
- Added more countries
- Tested for 3.3.1
- CSS Fixes
- Tested for 3.2.1 (no issues)
- Enhanced for IE7
- Initial Release