This plugin uses the Xelion platform – you need to be a Xelion customer already.
For all of you who already use the Xelion platform, this plugin adds a webchat widget to your WordPress sites that allows you to use Xelion to handle chat contact with all your website visitors. The chat messages are processed through the Xelion application, which allows them to be accessed seamlessly by all relevant people regardless of whether they work on a PC or a smartphone.
If you use Xelion and want to use this plugin, you will need these things:
- Admin privileges for the website that will use this plugin.
- Admin privileges for your organization’s Xelion installation (the ‘tenant’).
- API access credentials.
Here is what you need to do:
- Fill in the API settings fields in the plugin.
- If API settings are correct, you’ll see a success message.
- If API settings are incorrect, you’ll see an error message.
- Customize the features to match your preferences.
- Customize the look and feel to match your brand.
- When everything is set up, the webchat widget will automatically be on every page of your website.
If you run into problems:
- Contact your Xelion partner or reseller for assistance.
Curious about Xelion?
Contributors & Developers
“Xelion Webchat” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
8.2.3 – 4 Jul 2023
- Changed agent display name to only show first name for better privacy.
- Fixed display and animation issues on small screens or when the Webchat is put too high up on the page.
- Fixed issue with enquiry list having undesirable background color on certain sites on Windows OS.
8.2.2 – 13 Apr 2023
- Fixed issue with the Webchat obstructing other elements around it.
8.2.1 – 3 Apr 2023
- Tested up to WordPress 6.2.
- Fixed text encoding issue that may happen to certain sites/themes.
8.2.0 – 30 Mar 2023
- Xelion Webchat initial release.