This is a programming and web development blog. That means lots of example pages. I often write away from my home computer, so I wanted a way that I can create those examples through my browser, without having to find a text editor and FTP client. Thus the idea for this plugin is born.
Basically, it adds a new custom post type, Code Demo, to your blog. There you can go and specify the code for the head and body, as well as specify a DOCTYPE. Then you can have a nice pretty link to it, like so: http://xazure.net/demo/three-column-layout-with-dividers/
It allows you to then view the source code of the page from within the page. Nice.
* Easily create code examples directly from the WordPress back-end.
* Use pretty permalinks to your demos.
* View the source of your demos directly within the page.
* Allows you to create your own template to show your demos.
* Adds a link to your site on the demo, so people that stumble on it can find their way back.
You can find full information here: http://xazure.net/2011/06/projects/wordpress-plugins/xazure-code-demo-plugin/
- Does it support PHP?
Not yet, but that’s planned for the next release.
Still works 🙂
- Initial release.
- Supports all W3C recommended DOCTYPEs.