If only there was a consistent emoji experience for WordPress. That would be 😎👍.
This was an experimental plugin to develop Emoji support in WordPress. It has been superceded by WordPress 4.2, and no longer works.
Development of this plugin is done on Github. Pull requests are welcome.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“x1f4a9” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “x1f4a9” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Add support for static emoji images in RSS and Email
- Performance improvements in TinyMCE
- Add fallbacks to Twemoji for flags only, which Firefox OS X doesn’t support
- Add an emoji_url filter, for changing where emoji images are loaded from
- Fix emoji incorrectly being parsed in tags that don’t support children
- Only load emoji when the browser doesn’t have native support
- Replace emoji with static images in RSS and email
- Remove the bonus smilies added in 0.2
- Replace some more of the smilies with emoji
- Add emoji encoding for non-utf8mb4 character sets
- Replace WordPress’ existing smilies with shiny new ones
- Initial version, based on WordPress.com’s emoji implementation