This Plugin is just a port from Saratoga weather scripts for use in WordPress
Original Concept: Ken True – http://www.saratoga-weather.org/index.php
A brief Markdown Example
- Unzip and upload files the files to
- Activate the plugin
- Go to Settings then WXSIM forecast
- Specify weather station
- Specify where to get the plaintext file from (this is the folder you upload to)
- Temperature can either be Celsius or Fahrenheit
- Language is by default English however you can download translations from http://www.saratoga-weather.org/
- Max width can be either a percentage or pixel value and this is the space allowed for the forecast
- Max Icons is the number of Icon you want to display which restricts the amount of days displayed
- Minimum Probability of Precipitation(PoP) – PoP percentage must equal this value or above to display rain icon, otherwise the sky icon with PoP is displayed.
- Display Beaufort – Set to V’ for no Beaufort and set to ‘T’ for translated name
- Show Humidity Index – Selecting “No” will disable the humidity index from being displayed.
- Show Frost – Selecting “No” will disable the Frost from being displayed.
- Show Heat Index – Selecting “No” will disable the heat index from being displayed.
- Show Hot icon – Heat Icon will be displayed if the value is equal to or greater than the value entered (Fahrenheit)
- Show Hot icon – Heat Icon will be displayed if the value is equal to or greater than the value entered (Celcius)
- Show Windchill – Selecting “No” will disable Windchill from being displayed.
- Show Cold – Cold Icon will be displayed if the value is less than or greater than the value entered (Fahrenheit)
- Show Cold – Cold Icon will be displayed if the value is less than or greater than the value entered (Celcius)
- UOM Temperature – Selecting either °C or °F this value should match forecast temperature
- TimeZone – Please enter your timezone Visit the following to identify the correct value http://php.net/manual/en/timezones.america.php
- Show Animated images – Selecting “No” will show static images and selecting “Yes” will show animated images.
To add the widget to a posts and/or pages use the shortcode [forecast]
You can now pass a language parameter in the shortcode to allow for multilinguaal forecast throughout your site [forecast lang = cy]. You must have a valid plaintext-parser-lang file for this to work.
- This will only work if you are running WXSIM and upload data from this to the web, IT IS NOT A STANDALONE PLUGIN
Contributors & Developers
“WXSIM Forecast” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.
2.1 – 19.11.2012
- Fixed error stopping you getting into the admin area
2.0 – 12.11.2012
- Fixed numerous bugs in code
- Added a number of additional configuration items
- Added shortcode parameter for multilingual functionality
- Included animated images
1.0 – 21.10.2010
- Fixed numerous bugs in code
- Fixed CSS problems including all alignment issues
- Add three new option in the admin section
- Fixed Image alignment fault
0.2 – 07.10.2010
- upgrade to latest version of script from Ken
- Fixed a display problem with regarding the number of days forecast
- Implemented a CSS file and specified font size for plug in
- Fixed language problem. Now shows the correct language.
0.1 – 17.03.2010
- initial release