This plugin provides a possibility to block comments based on words of a predefined list. The built-in lists of wordpress only allow to send comments to the moderation- or to the spam-queue but not to block them completely. This is remedied with this plugin, which allows to block comments based on a definable list.
Attention #1: Use wordlist with care, there is no logging of the blocked comments!
Attention #2: It will also match inside words, so “press” will match “WordPress” as well!
- Upload the directory
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Click on the ‘Settings’-Link in the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress. This will redirect you to the ‘Discussion’-section in the settings.
- Scroll down below the comment blacklist
- How can i see what was blocked?
There is no way to see that as this is not logged.
- Why was my comment blocked?
You’ve defined a word to be blocked which was contained in your comment. Also check for parts of words which might be contained.
- I found a bug, can you help me?
I certainly can, please leave a comment at my Plugin-Website.
Contributors & Developers
“WU – Block comments” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Initial Version
- Added counter in dashboard in the “Right Now” section
- Cleanup of source code
- Cleanup of translation
- Fixed a few interface issues