WTI Like Post is a plugin for adding like (thumbs up) and unlike (thumbs down) functionality for posts/pages. On admin end alongwith handful of configuration settings, it will show a list of most liked posts/pages. If you have already liked a post/page and now you dislike it, then the old voting will be cancelled and vice-versa. You can reset the settings to default and the like/unlike counts for all/selected posts/pages as well. It comes with two widgets, one to display the most liked posts/pages for a given time range and another to show recently liked posts.
Upcoming PRO Feature
- Setting to control date range for voting.
- Functionality to restrict revoting based on IP address or user id or unique identifier. Please check documentation for more details.
- Ability to change your vote when multiple voting is disabled.
- Action hook available for successful voting so that you can attach any functionality like sending thank you mail to user. There are 2 other hooks available for further customizing the message you see on page load and ajax call.
- Functionality for viewing like, unlike, total counts for individual post on admin Most Liked Posts screen. You can also view users who voted for each of them. This works only when logged in users are allowed to vote.
- Functionality for highlighting the like/unlike icon on successful voting and page load.
- Compatible with multisite set up.
- Can be used with custom post types. You can control which post types to use with. You can show most liked posts based on custom post types using shortcode and widget.
- Functionality for disabling the plugin css file so that you can use custom css from your theme.
- Functionality for redirecting user to a specific page on successful voting.
- Functionality for showing the like/unlike buttons for manually added post excerpts.
- Functionality for allowing/disallowing author to vote against own post with custom message.
- Option to save plugin settings and table after plugin un-installation in case you need to reuse the data in future.
- Functionality to disable auto-loading of the like/unlike buttons so that you can use the template tag inside your theme or [wtilp_buttons] inside post/page content using the editor. Please note that [wtilp_buttons] is NOT a shortcode.
- Functionality to store voting counts (like, unlike, total) as post meta which can be used to show posts sorted by voting counts.
- Functionality to have default message to encourage users to like posts.
- Functionality to show users who liked a post below the like/unlike buttons.
- In total 6 styles of buttons for like/unlike functionality. Hook available to add custom styles.
- Functionality to show like count for each post in admin post list/edit section.
- Has 2 template files which can be used to show most liked posts throughout the site and the most liked posts by an author on author page.
- Functionality to use texts instead of like/unlike images in case you want to have some encouraging texts which can not be conveyed using images.
- Functionality for setting starting like/unlike value when a post is created. You will see a section where you can set this value.
- Functionality to show most liked/unliked posts from selected categories on Most Liked/Unliked Posts widget.
- Functionality to show posts liked/unliked by all users or the logged in user on the widget and also shortcode for showing the same on a page.
- Wide range of time including hours to have more control on the posts shown on the widget.
- Most Liked/Unliked Category Posts widget to show posts liked/unliked on the specific category page.
- Functionality to show post excerpt, thumbnail on all the available widgets.
- Functionality to show user avatars who liked the post.
- myCRED points integration for liking and unliking posts.
- Buddypress activity integration to show activity updates when a user likes and dislikes any content.
PRO Plugin URL: https://www.webtechideas.in/product/wti-like-post-pro/
PRO Plugin Demo: http://demowp.webtechideas.com/
PRO Plugin Documentation: http://support.webtechideas.com/docs/wti-like-post-pro/description-and-features/
PRO Plugin Support Forum: http://support.webtechideas.com/forums/forum/wti-like-post-pro/
- AJAX thumbs up/down functionality without refreshing your screen
- Wide range of voting period to allow users to revote after a specific period of time
- 3 different voting styles with 3 set of images
- Show/hide +/- symbols before like/unlike count
- Reset all/selected like and unlike counts
- Shortcode for showing most liked posts and recently liked posts on a page
- Allow or block guest users to vote
- Custom messages
- Show thumbs up/down functionality on pages or not
- Exclude specific posts/pages if you do not want this functionality to be shown there
- Show excluded posts/pages on widget section or not
- Show the thumbs up/down functionality on top of the content or at the bottom
- Show the thumbs up/down functionality on left of the screen or right
- Exclude specific sections like home, archive page not to show like/dislike functionality
- Excluded categories not to show like/dislike functionality for posts under those categories
- Allow specific posts from excluded categories to show like/dislike functionality
- Excluded like/dislike functionality on post/page add/edit interface
- Enter custom title text on hovering the like/unlike images
- English, French, Polish language files
- Widgets to show most liked posts and recently liked posts
- Option to save plugin settings and table even after plugin uninstallation which will make upgradation smooth
Plugin URL: https://www.webtechideas.in/wti-like-post-plugin/ Plugin manual is available for downloading on the last page of the plugin url.
Author’s Site: Webtechideas
- Download the plugin and extract it.
- Upload the directory ‘/wti-like-post/’ to the ‘/wp-content/plugins/’ directory.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- Click on ‘WTI Like Post’ link under Settings menu to access the admin section.
Yes, this is possible. Using admin settings you can control this and you can use inside your theme file to render the like/unlike buttons (PRO Version).
Can this be used on post excerpts apart from post content?
Yes, there is option for enabling or disabling this setting (PRO Version).
Can I use my custom css code instead of plugin css code?
Yes, you can do this by using available option (PRO Version).
Yes, this is available (PRO Version).
Is this compatible with multisite set up?
Yes, this is (PRO Version).
Can this plugin work with Buddypress Activity component?
Yes, the PRO Version has this functionality.
Yes, this is (PRO Version).
Can user be redirected to a Thank You page after successful voting?
Yes, with the PRO Version you can specify the redirect page url where user will be redirected after successful voting.
Is there any hook available?
Yes, there are 3 hooks available with the PRO Version. There is one action hook using which you can send notification to admin or user on successful voting.
Can I restrict the user from revoting?
Yes, you can do this. There is admin setting available. You can completely disallow a user from revoting or allow after a given period of time.
Can only guest users vote?
Yes, there is option available to allow this. If you want to enable only logged in users to vote, you can also do that.
Yes, they can be allowed/disallowed to do so (PRO Version).
Yes apart from post title, you can use settings in the widgets section whether to show/hide above attributes. You can also control the thumbnail size by providing any values like 100 or 150 etc (PRO Version).
Can I show the users who like/unlike a given post?
Yes, you can do this. (PRO Version).
Can I sort the posts by like/unlike count as a normal blog page?
Yes, this is possible. This plugin (PRO Version) stores like/unlike count in terms of post meta, using that you can sort the posts. There is an example here for the same showing on category page.
Can I use text instead of like/unlike images?
Yes, this is also possible (PRO Version). Using this you can provide more meaningful message to the user which may not conveyed using images.
Yes, using plugin settings in the admin end, you can control this.
Yes, this is possible by using plugin setting.
Can I reset all/selected like/unlike counts?
Yes, you can do this in the admin plugin settings.
Can this plugin be used for pages as well?
Yes, you can use this plugin against wordpress pages. You need to enable this feature in the admin plugin settings end.
In total there are 6 styles available. If you still need a different one, then place thumbs up/down images of same file name and same size.
Contributors & Developers
“WTI Like Post” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Added more checks for XSS issue on plugin admin settings page
- Set default voting period to once
- Fixed XSS issue on plugin admin settings page
- Improved compatibility with wordpress 4.8.2
- Fixed issue as reported
- Modified ajax functionality
- Functionality to store user id for votes if logged in
- Fixed issue as reported
- Fixed issue with voting period more than 1 day
- Modified table structure to work with IPv6
- Fixed the issue with Recently Liked Posts widget
- This is a security release following the correct and secured approach for ajax requests as per wordpress standards
- Option to drop or not to drop plugin settings and table on plugin uninstall. This will help in retaining like/unlike counts which can be used in future/upgrading to PRO version
- Replaced all id attributes by class so that the buttons can be place in more than one positions inside the template
- Option to exclude specific sections like home, archive page not to show like/dislike functionality
- Option to excluded categories not to show like/dislike functionality for posts under those categories
- Option to allow specific posts from excluded categories to show like/dislike functionality
- Option to exclude like/dislike functionality on post/page add/edit interface
- Option to enter custom title text on hovering the like/unlike images
- Added french, polish language files
- Option to reset all/selected like and unlike counts
- Option to show/hide +/- symbols before like/unlike count
- Option to show selected title text on hovering the like/unlike images
- Option to show widget on multiple widget positions
- Removed live updation of like count on widget section due to limitation
- Added shortcode for showing most liked posts interms of a page. Also fixed issues with css file
- Removed the restriction on showing max 10 posts on the widget. Now you can show more number of posts
- Added fix for default wordpress table prefix
- Added 3 different voting styles with 3 sets of images
- This is the first version