The News Press mobile plugin/theme for WordPress is a simple and elegant solution for creating an iPhone-friendly News, Blog, and other text-centric WordPress sites. come complete with all the standard WordPress blog features: search, login, categories, tags, archives, photos & more. It also offers many customization features through a user-friendly WordPress admin panel. It will instantly turn your WordPress site into a mobile application experience.
WPtap is a WordPress specialist in developing mobile-friendly themes/plugins that can instantly turn your WordPress site into a web-application experience. Our themes currently support iPhone, Android, and Touch-based Blackberry series.
At WPtap, we offer comprehensive mobile theme solutions for your WordPress website. Tailored to iPhone’s design specs and mobile browsers, WPtap makes your WordPress website looks amazing on an iPhone and loads lightening fast, all accomplished without interfering with your regular theme for PC.
WPtap automatically transforms your WordPress blog into a web-application experience when viewed from an iPhone/iPod touch, Android, or Blackberry. It comes complete with all the standard WordPress blog features: search, login, categories, tags, archives, photos & more. WPtap also offers many customization features through a user-friendly WordPress admin panel.
- Why do I need WPtap?
As we know, due to the difference in screen size between a mobile phone and a PC, many WordPress sites with regular PC themes failed to translate well in the viewport of a small iPhone. Consequently, those sites look messy and chunky on mobile phones, which makes it hard for users to navigate their contents on mobile devices.
Higher-end touch-based mobile phones’ user interface (UI) is featured by its multi-touch display. Users browse a site by tapping and swiping the screen. However, regular WordPress themes are not designed to optimize iPhone’s unique user experience, thus not so friendly to iPhone/Android/Blackberry users at all.
All of above makes browsing a site on mobile phone not fun!
So, to bring fun back, we’ve built WPtap, a lightweight, iPhone-optimized, feature-rich, and elegant looking ˇ°theme applicationˇ±. User can also customize various aspects of his WordPress site’s presentation through the well-designed control panel.
- Well, what if my users don’t like it & want to see my regular site?
We’ve included a built-in option on your site (e.g. at header/footer) for your users to easily switch between the WPtap view and your site’s regular appearance. A cookie with the setting choice is saved for future visits.
- Will it slow down my blog?
Absolutely No! WPtap is specially designed for and only for iPhone. Its performance has been optimized based on iPhone’s design specs and Safari browser. Our tech team has run through testing to make sure it offers your site’s viewers the best viewing experience. The theme package of WPtap is designed to be as lightweight and speedy as possible, while still serving your site’s content in a richly presented way sparing no essential features like search, login, categories, pictures, tags and comments.
- Mobile detector integrated
- Fully support WP3.0 and WPMU
- Minor format changes for better viewing on mobile devices (June 25, 2010)
- Fixed a bug that causing the font color of site title unchangeable (Mar. 08 2010)
- Added functions for Tap News theme
- Plugin adapted to iPhone and Android platforms (Feb. 28 2010)
- Plugin adapted to changes in WordPress 2.9.1
- Added frontpage ads controler on WPtap Admin Panel
- Fully support Simple Post Thumbnail plugin by Press75
- Fully optimized for WPtap Video Tube theme (Dec. 31 2009)
- Added Theme Management on Admin Panel for easy removal, backup, and adding WPtap themes
- Plugin was optimized using WordPress Hooks functions (Dec. 16 2009)
- Optimized for mp4 video format playback
- Added functions for better video and thumbnail processing (Nov. 25 2009.)
- Optimized for Google Mobile Ads
- Optimized for Youtube video performance (Nov. 12 2009.)
- Fixed an issue causing conflicts with regular themes’ header file
- Reloaded on WordPress.org (Oct. 28 2009.)
- Adjust initial mode to Regular theme for Safari browser
- Released on WordPress.org (Oct. 27 2009.)