This plugin automatically detects the type of mobile browser that you site is viewed from, and activates the mobile theme you have chosen for it. User can install multiple mobile themes and link it to different mobile browsers for best performance. If you have a separate WAP or mobile website, this detector also allows you to redirect your mobile traffic to the WAP/mobile site.
1. Automatically detects mobile browsers & mobile user agents
2. Automatically detects installed PC and mobile themes
3. User can link different mobile themes to different mobile devices for best performance.
4. Option to redirect mobile traffic to a separate WAP or mobile site
5. Complete mobile device listing (iPhone, iPod, Android, Blackberry, etc.) User can also add devices to this list.
Note: Mobile Detector does NOT run together with WPtap plugin, it has already been integrated into WPtap themes/plugin.
- Design and developed by WPtap team-Mobile Themes for WordPress
For more information, please visit http://www.wptap.com/index.php/plugin
- Why do I need WPtap Mobile Detector?
- If you have a mobile site or WAP site and wish to direct mobile traffic automatically to it.
- If you are using a WPtap mobile theme and wish to automatically detect mobile devices and switch themes.
- If you are using other mobile themes and wish to activate them for lower-end phones such as Symbian etc.
Contributors & Developers
“WPtap Mobile Detector” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.
Interested in development?
- Added iPad, Opera, Palm, Windows Mobile phones to the list.
- Fixed a system bug.
- Released on March 25, 2010 (v1.0)