Tired of all the boring Mobile blog themes that look boring and make you tap to navigate? WP Readable reinventing the mobile blog experience by utilizing a slide interaction to go from post to post on your blog.
WP Readable allows you to:
- customize the appearance by letting you add your logo and color set.
- select which categories of posts that you want to display vs. showing them all
- determine how you want users to experience your blog whether going directly to your newest post or seeing all your posts first and filtering
- have all your posts be liked on Facebook, tweeted about on Twitter, or commented on using WordPress Comments
WP Readable is iOS and Android ready. The plugin is customized for minimal bandwidth usage as our JS/CSS files are kept intentionally small.
This plugin is free to use and is actively supported by the author. We will monitor for serious bugs that may need correcting and help address questions.
Because this plugin is FREE, we do place a “Powered by WP Readable” at the very bottom of your blog.
The plugin is simple to install:
- Download the plugin’s zip file
- Unzip it
- Upload wpreadable directory to your
- Go to the plugin management page and enable the plugin
- Is WP Readable Compatible With WP Super Cache?
We are compatible with v1.2 which is right now the latest version. The desktop version is cached by the plugin while the mobile version does not get cached at all. That is the provisions that the WP Super Cache plugin author has setup.
- Is WP Readable Compatible With W3 Total Cache?
We are compatible with v.9.2.4 which is right now the latest version. The only thing we ask our users to do is go to your W3 Total Cache Settings, click on Performance, then User Agent Groups, and then enable the group name “high”. The desktop version is cached by the plugin while the mobile version does not get cached at all as it’s apart of the user agents on “high” list.
- Is WP Readable Compatible With Other Cache Plugins?
We haven’t done much testing outside of the major cache plugins. So if you’re facing any problems, you can write to us and we’ll look into it.
Contributors & Developers
“WPReadable” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Supports single post links now; Older articles are available on the left and newer on the right side of the current post
Supports switching off WPReadable to visit full version in case a visitor wants to
Removed iPad from the devices where WPReadable works
Custom CSS option to overriding styles
WordPress auto formatting fix
Compatibility with caching plugins – WP Super Cache & W3 Total Cache
Fixing a redirection bug when a page is selected as a frontpage
Lot of minor bug fixes
URL redirection bug fixed